My panasonic genius sensor 1300w just stopped working mid-microwaving. It seems there is no power at all... no lights or anything. I checked the power source in my home and all is well.It is almost 2 years old.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: [Identical to earlier posting by stefeckstein]
Check for a circuit breaker on the back. If nothing, pull the plug and remove the case. Look for a blown fuse. If so, look for a shorted high voltage diode in the magnetron power supply or a shorted stirrer bearing located above or beside the cavity area where the microwaves enter. The stirrer is a metal fan-like device with a plastic bearing that often arcs internally. That shorts the microwaves out and blows a fuse. Replace the stirrer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I don't believe it is possible to change the display angle/tilt on this microwave. The unit ships with a protective film over the display that should be removed to make the display easier to read. However, this model is known to be difficult to read unless looking at straight-on. That and needing a flashlight to look at your food with the door open since the internal light does not stay on when door is opened. Good luck!.
Sounds like it's broken. Go for Panasonic next time, they make better microwaves. Here's one I was looking at http://bestmicrowavereview.com/panasonic-nn-sn651b-genius-1-2-cuft-1200-watt-sensor-microwave-review/
Plug the microwave into the power source and press stop/cancel. Just above the stop/cancel button is "clock" Press that and adjust by using the timer buttons. Hope that helps but just in case go to Panasonics web site to download a manual if you haven't got one.
well i never a 9 year old microwave,,, time it found its way up to the dump yard then, by now you must have had your money's worth out of it, is it realy worth paying out to try to get it fixed up??? dont be silly, buy a new one, and have a nice flashy one for half the price
If the microwave worked for a little while after you plugged it in again then it is just overheating.It is usually just dust/dirt collecting on the vents.the fan,and the magnetron(the thing the fan blows on).If cleaning all these doesn't solve the problem you may have a bad high temp overload sensor,and need to replace it.(this sensor is usually mounted directly on the top of the magnetron.The magnetron is the part that actually puts out the microwave signal.I've never seen a reset button.The high temp sensors reset themselves automatically.
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. This is the component that produces the microwaves that heats the food.
The cost of the magnetron is about 95% of the cost of a microwave oven.
Most people don't, for this reason, replace the magnetron, they replace
the whole oven which is probably what you will end up doing.
There is a possibility that the circuit that provides power to the
magnetron is faulty and you need to take it apart, find the proper
electrical leads and test them with a volt meter. To do this you have
to remove it from its mounting and take it apart. It is a fairly
lengthy process however.