Question about Bunn Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
I called Bunn and they sent me a replacement screen for the bottom of the drawer, yet this hasn't solved the problem. It's a dangerous situation as the coffee and grounds coming out of the drawer are hot and has burned my hand. Any suggestions?
SOURCE: Bunn coffee maker leaks water
There are 3 seals in your unit that could cause your problem. there is a silicon seal right under the pour-in tray, and two on the top of the tank. one of those is for the thermostat, the other is for the sprayhead tube. any of these could leak, causing water to come out the bottom of the brewer. One other thing that can cause this is a scale buildup between the pour-in tray and the tank.
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
Yes Bunn will send you a repair kit free of charge. Just apply a bead of silicon below the rubber gasket before you tighten it down and it will solve the problem.
Posted on Mar 16, 2009
there's probably a 'silicon rubber' hose that feeds hot water to the 'grounds basket'- it may be loose, or damaged. is it leaking water, or coffee?? we have a bunn 8-cup, which has a pre-heated water tank that brews a pot in about 3 min. energy waster, but when you need coffee, you need coffee!!! is your filter holder properly centered? is the carafe lid hole clean and un-obstructed?
if it's leaking water, and not too costly to replace- you may consider replacing it with a new one!
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Coffee overflowing onto the counter is a common complaint found in response to many automatic drip coffee makers. The following are potential solutions that can be used to rule out "operator error" vs. a defect or malfunction:
1. Do not "pack" or otherwise overfill the cone/basket with grinds.
2. Ensure you are using the correct grind for an automatic drip coffee maker, neither too fine nor too course. (See instruction manual.)
3. Do not overfill with water. Use the carafe to pour water into the reservoir. This is because a "cup" in coffee terms is defined as 6 oz, not 8 oz. Note: Some coffee makers define as little as 5 oz as a cup.
4. Make sure the filter cone/basket clicks into place and that the carafe is centered and pushed all the way in.
5. Try a permanent filter rather than a paper filter or vice versa.
6. Only use the correct permanent or paper filter (see manual).
7. Verify that the Pause 'n Serve button isn't sticking. If it is activated too long the brew will escape over the top of the cone/basket. This may be more apt to happen if the alignment of the carafe and the basket is incorrect.
8. Clean your machine with vinegar or as instructed by your user manual at least three times per year, more if your water supply is hard. A properly cleaned machine is less likely to suffer a burned out heating element, to take too long to brew, to produce "off" tasting coffee, or to clog and overrun the filter basket as the water runs through the grinds.
9. Ensure that the coffee machine is sitting level on the counter.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
I have an older BUNN B10 pour-o-matic that I thought was leaking from the bottom. Upon close inspection, I found that it was leaking from the worn out washers located on the top of the tank, allowing water to run down the sides of the stainless steel tank. There's a great fix offered on Fixya.com that suggests going to a hardware store and buying a Gardner Bender GHG-1575 rubber grommet with a 3/4" hole and install it into the large hole in the basin. Then place a metal washer on top of the grommet and snug it up with the threaded fitting. Many folks say it's a great fix. I went a different route. I called BUNN customer service and spoke to a very nice woman who understood my needs and sent out a free repair kit that contained a new fitting, washer, and seal. I received it in a few days and it's working great. Beats going out and buying parts for a work around repair. BTW, the repair kit is called "Universal Retail Seal Replacement Kit #37091.0000"
Posted on Jun 25, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2015 | Bunn My Cafe MCP
Dec 21, 2010 | Bunn NHB Coffee Maker
Sep 30, 2010 | Bunn GR10 Coffee Maker
Jun 01, 2010 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
May 22, 2010 | Bunn -O-Matic Corp. 10-Cup Pourover Brewer...
Apr 25, 2010 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Oct 24, 2009 | Bunn NHB Coffee Maker
Jul 13, 2009 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
May 12, 2009 | Bunn GR10 Coffee Maker
192 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: