- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Just like anything else that is mass produced there are sometimes defective parts. The disc that it was made from could have a defect in it. I would suggest taking the game back to the store and exchanging it for another. Most stores will let you exchange with a receipt. And don't worry about your saved game data it will still be there!
Hard Reset procedure for the PS3 (as instructed by Sony CS).
Be sure to backup your settings/games saves by doing a System > Backup on your PS3 or you may lose your game saves! Also, this is a last resort procedure prior to exchanging/returning to sony.
1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.
2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.
3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/1 hours). You may need to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isn't detected after initial reset).
4. Restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a backup).
PS3 is one of the most amazing gaming device but like other competitor
gaming devices (Xbox and Wii) It also has some problems like Freezing
up. You may check out the informative Article at ezinearticles Remedy for PS3 Freezing up