Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Make sure you are connected via wired connection to the router. go to Start>RUN>type iexplore 192.168.1.1>enter. userID is blank and password is admin>click OK> put PPPoE as your Internet Connection Set Up and type your ISP userID and pw.
Posted on Dec 09, 2007
Have you opened run, typed in cmd ,then ipconfig to make sure this is your ip addy
Posted on Nov 29, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
1. Using a computer that is plugged into the router directly with a network cable, open a web browser.
2. In the "Address Bar" type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
A box should appear asking for a "User Name" and a "Password". Leave
the "User Name" field empty, and type your WRT54G router password into
the "Password" field (the default "Password" is admin) and click the OK button or press [Enter].
4. The WRT54G "Setup" page should now appear. Click onto the Wireless page.
5. When the "Wireless" page loads, you should be on the Basic Wireless Settings sub-section.
6. Look for the "Wireless Channel" option. The default channel is set to "6 - 2.437GHz". Change it to either "1 - 2.412GHz", or "11 - 2.462GHz".
7. Click on the Save Settings button toward the bottom of the page to save changes. Click Continue when prompted to reload the page.
The channel of your WRT54G has now been changed. Restart your wireless
computers so that they can automatically connect using the new channel.
If you still experiencing interference using channels 1, 6, or 11, try
switching the router to the other channels as well (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9,
10) and find one that captures a good connection.
If you need more help come back.Post / thumbs / testimonial are welcome!
Usually answered in minutes!