Question about Computers & Internet
Your post/description refers to delayed recorded audio when recording a TV program using the Pinnacle TV PCI Adapter.
If this is not a hardware issue, this problem could possibly be corrected by any combination of:
1. increasing your memory;
2. verifying that your hard disk: has sufficient free space and regularly defragged, clean your Temp and Temporary Internet files;
3. increasing your swap file size (roughly equal to or double your memory);
4. installing the latest drivers for your motherboard & devices as well as necessary updates to your Operating System ;
5. increasing the Graphics Aperture Size to double your video card's memory & PCI Latency Timer to 255 in your BIOS/CMOS (if available);
6. verifying that no other programs are running when doing the recording;
7. verifying that you have no IRQ sharing/conflict; and
8. verifying that you have the latest Direct X.
Should it be a hardware issue, clean, reinstall, replace as the case maybe. The old Pinnacle works except delayed recorded audio, the new is not recognized. Try again the old with the above corrective measures. With the new, try again after cleaning the PCI slots, if it still doesn't work, ask for replacement.
Hope that this be of help/idea. Pls post back how things turned out or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Nov 29, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!