I need to connect to the internet but i coudnt i think it is in case of pci modem driver .the laptop has an internal modem but no modem driver was installed so how could i install modem driver to my laptop
because i need to use internet via my laptop.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i think u shoul look under network adapters.... pci modem is for the modem which u have on ur computer... and that is used when u connect to the internet using a dial up connection.. wherein u insert the telephone jack onto ur computer and then dial in a specific number to get connected to the internet... check under network adapters and see whether u have any wi-fi drivers are missing or not?
I think you want your desktop computer to be able to "grab" an existing wireless Internet connection, right? In that case, what you need is not an internal modem, but a "PCI Wireless Adapter". It's just a typical card that goes inside the computer, but instead of ports, has an antenna. Check Newegg.com for "PCI Wireless Adapter", and you'll find several of them. TP-Link, Asus and Netgear are good options.
Are you sure it's a modem port and not a ethernet port. They look very similar and people confuse them easily. The ethernet port is slightly larger though. So we can verify we're talking about the correct thing, are you using dialup to connect to the internet? or are you connecting to a broadband router or dsl modem? in either case you should be able to get drivers on dell's website and copy them over to your laptop.
- I guess you downgraded your system to windows xp, If that the case you have to check if the system has an internal modem .If so, please download the driver for that PCI modem.
- I have already checked the modem that was already install on your system(V.92 56Kbps* data/fax modem,)
- You have to download the windows xp driver for this modem. or download chipset driver for windows xp