I am receiving an error code from a toshiba satellite m35x-s163. The beep code is 1-3-3-1. the machine is unresponsive.
If your notebook has a Phoenix bios then the code you are giving is for Autosize RAM.
The first step is to reseat the RAM chips in the computer.
Locate your user’s manual as it will have detailed instructions and pictures for safely removing and replacing RAM chips.
Without the manual:
1. Unplug the computer.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Then located the door to the compartment that houses the RAM chips -- make sure you are thoroughly grounded with a grounding strap before you touch the chips
4. Remove the screw securing the door, remove the door,
5. Remove the chips, you will probably have to use a small screwdriver to move the RAM locking tabs. Pull the RAM chip or chips out taking care not to touch the contact terminals.
6. Inspect the terminals for any corrosion (if you see any take the machine to a Toshiba service center).
7. If the RAM chip(s) is/are clean carefully reinsert it/them
8. Replace the cover
9. Replace the battery
10. Plug in computer
11. Power on
If you still get the beep codes then either your RAM chips have gon bad or they are the worng chip for your machine or your motherboard has gone bad and you will need to take it to a service center.