- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Remove the blades and punch out the shaft. Clean it all and then reassemble it with lots of water pump grease (it's waterproof). Seizing happens because liquid goes down between the shaft and housing and sets.
You can replace the blade assembly. The link below shows unavailable, but it shows the screw cap.
sounds like the bearing assembly went, right where the motor connects to the blade, you can get a replacement base from them, have to find the model number and go to their website. doubt you burnt it up. cuisinarts supposedly are commercial quality.
I was trying to help you out here. Maybe this will help some? I was going backto some customers that asked questions in the recent past and even fartherback. It appeared that no one answeredsome of them, So, I thought I would take some of my personal time to see if Ican help. Even though this Informational site may not have your exact model orbrand, this site will help you a lot. Here is a site link about everything you want to know about blenders andpossibly yours, from repairto trouble shooting it. http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-repair-small-appliances5.htm Please if this helped you at all, if you can find the time and in your heart torate my help and some kind words written would be appreciated for my free help, I would appreciate it.
Here is also my direct link to my own pages of other areas of my expertise forother problems you might have in Automotive, Appliance, and Electronics. DropIn anytime for my help.
Pretty much that is what happened to me. I found that the motor has 2 "thermal cut-offs" (SEFUSE 113oC). If the motor heats up even a little, these babies kill your blender. They are thermal fuses. Once they blow, it is over until they are replaced. To fix this, the motor must be removed. The spline gismo on top of the blender unscrews with reversed threads. I suggest unsoldering the lead wires from the power supply board, and replacing when done. The cut-offs are inside the taped on white cloth insulation on the top of the field magnets near the brush assemblies on both sides. I replaced them (both were blown) with 2 of NTE8242 ($1.60 each, 240oC 15A). These are way too hot, but that is what I had on hand. I thought that the electronics were defective at first, and I replaced the entire board assembly with a small/cheap ceiling fan wall switch /speed controller from the hardware store (600W 5A) for $10. The root cause of all of this is that the motor fan is not working. The airflow is blocked by base. I put small extenders on the feet and now there is much more airflow. Only time will tell if this is an effective fix. It appears to me that the device my have started out "nice" when it was designed, but cheapened (probably by middle managers taking bonuses for "improving" the design) many times. The fuse is gone, the case is plastic, etc. It really makes me wonder how it got past UL approval.
The clutch assembly is for the teeth on the base itself. If your problem is with the teeth that are connected to the bottom of the blade that sits in the jar, you want to order a blade assembly instead.
The gasket goes between the cutting assembly and the glass. So you slip it on over the top of the blades and then put the glass jar over top of that. Screw the bottom cap on to tighten everything together.
The drive is replacable and available from Cuisinart, you will have to sign a waver to get the part. the drive is screwed onto the motor shaft with reverse threads. the plastic drive will have to be completely broken off of the unit to expose a brass"nut" which was internal to the drive. depending upon your model you may have to remove the lower half of the base unit to access the lower part of the motor shaft. there will be a slot in the end of the shaft for a large flat blade screwdriver. this is used to hold the shaft still while turning the drive "nut" with a vice grip pliar or similar. the new drive is just threaded onto the shaft and normal operation tightens it.