Question about Samsung Audio Players & Recorders
This TV does not have a headphone jack. It only has a optical digital audio output, Toslink. To connect this to most headphones, you'll need a digital to analog audio converter. You'll need to provide the cables (optical digital audio, RCA (M/M) to 3.5 mm (F) adapter). For some headphones, you can use just RCA audio cables or RCA (M/M) to 3.5 mm (M) audio cable. Here is one converter: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Analog-audio-converter/dp/B004C4WPXA .
The documentation for the LN40B500P3FXZA is available here: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/LN40B500P3FXZA/ . See page 4 of the User Guide for the back panel connections. The current link to this guide is http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_CA&CttFileID=2430065&CDCttType=UM&ModelType=N&ModelName=LN40B500P3F&VPath=UM/201104/20110426143440007/BN68-01883Q-00L03-110426.pdf&OriginYN=N .
I wish I had better news for you. I hope this helps.
Posted on Jun 13, 2019
set has a shutdown or failsafe circuit:
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
Posted on Apr 01, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2015 | RCA Rt2760 Home Theater Receiver
Feb 02, 2014 | Samsung PN42A450 Plasma TV
Dec 01, 2010 | Samsung Cell Phones
Nov 25, 2010 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 14, 2010 | Samsung HP-R5072 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Mar 04, 2010 | Samsung TX-R2435 TV
Dec 24, 2007 | Samsung X05 Notebook
Jul 14, 2019 | Samsung Audio Players & Recorders
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!