Question about Zoom Audio Players & Recorders
My Pc (windows 10) doesn't recognize my new Zoom H4N pro, there is no window, no noise when i connect the H4N to the PC. I checked usb cable, downloaded the driver on the Zoom website, tried to update the firmware. It doesn't works... thanks for your help
I would boot in safemode (hold down f8 immediately when it starts (when it says Starting Windows xp), then delete all printers (associated with this) in device manager.
remove any printer software as well (add remove programs or start programs (printer program name, remove software IF listed),
also remove the port you are using in device manager be it lpt or usb. if the drivers siuggests installking without it connected do so, otherwise, just restart and it shoudl start installking the hardware amnd software it finds. be sure you have the correct drivers ready as well>
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
Yep. that is it. You will need to install the driver. You can get it only from Nintendo. They are just starting to develop them. Many people are having problems because they aren't widely available yet. You will have to contact Nintendo to get the driver.
Posted on Jul 10, 2009
A few things to check but assumes USB for other interfaces similar steps may be followed
1. ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer.
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply (Dont use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating eg. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly)
5. always use the same port for connectin your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about.
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues carry on reading.
Go to your control panel and then administrative tools, select computer management.
Now select Disk Management and expand the window.
Your drive should be listed here (if not then you need to check your computer hardware has not got any issues before proceeding)
If your drive is listed and says healthy then right click on it an select Properties, click tools and then error checking, Check now, tick the two boxes and then start.
This will attempt to fix any errors on the drive. It may also ask you to restart which is fine. Allow it to finish its work or you could corrupt the drive. If all went well you should be able to use it normally again.
If you drive was listed ut did NOT say healthy then right click and select Format. Choose NTFS as the file system and do not tick any boxes you do NOT want quick format. Again start and let it do its thing. when it is done restart your computer and you should be good to go.
Posted on Aug 23, 2009
SOURCE: i have the sony DCR-HC26E
USB connection will allow still photos ONLY to be capture to a computer. To capture the footage from the tape you will have to connect with a firewire cable, also called iLink or IEEE1394a. Windows Movie Maker will be one program that can capture the footage.
Posted on May 20, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: