Need to reboot i can't even get to the start screen, it keeps telling me to put in a disc.. i don't have a disk drive
This error means that your hard drive isn't functioning correctly. The computer is attempting to load the operating system off your hard drive but the computer can't find the operating system. There are several causes for this problem:
1. The hard drive has crashed.
2. The boot sector and/or operating system has become corrupted.
3. The hard drive has become disconnected from the laptop; this is unlikely but possible.
To determine what has happened follow these instructions:
1. Turn off netbook and remove all usb devices.
2. Turn on netbook and press whatever key enters the boot menu; often it is ESC or F10 - look on the first screen you see when you turn on the computer.
3. Look at the possible devices listed that you can choose from. If the hard drive isn't listed, then your netbook isn't detecting the hard drive likely because it has crashed. At this point you're going to have to take the netbook to a repair shop.
4. If your hard drive is listed, then it's possible that the hard drive is fine but that the boot sector has become corrupted. If you have access to a USB CD-Drive and a Windows installation disk or have a way to create a bootable USB flash drive, then there are some solutions that can be attempted. If you don't have access to these things, then you will have to take the netbook to a repair shop.
If you do have access to a Windows installation disk or can create a bootable USB flash drive, then post back to this solution and I can help you further.
Good luck, please post back to this solution if you have any difficulties, and thanks for using FixYa.
Jun 12, 2011 |
Coby NBPC1023XPBLK Netbook PC