Question about Precor Exercise & Fitness
Posted by Anonymous on
check manual for maintance on walking belt lubercation- mtr shutting down to over heating-pulling too many amps to rotate rollers/belt and to move you. Friction problem
Posted on Jan 08, 2010
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
If you haven't adjusted the belt refer to your owners manual for the proper procedure if you still have the same results then it could be caused by a lack of lubrication under belt or a worn belt.
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
A treadmill will shut down from to much friction which is due to high motor current because the walkbelt and deck are not properly lubricated. I would recommend replacing the motor controller,walkbelt,deck and applying .5 oz of lubricant on the deck every 3-6 months or 100 hours of use. This will extend your treadmill's life many years.
Posted on Aug 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2014 | Precor 933 Premium Series Treadmill
Feb 17, 2014 | Precor Efx 576i Experience Elliptical...
Apr 11, 2013 | Life Fitness T5-0 Treadmill
Jul 16, 2012 | Shopzeus.com Spirit Fitness ET288 Esprit...
Feb 14, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Feb 14, 2012 | Nordic Track NordicTrack Treadmill, A2550
Sep 27, 2011 | Exercise & Fitness
Aug 09, 2010 | Precor 9.31 Treadmill
Jun 21, 2010 | Precor 935 Premium Series Treadmill
Jan 08, 2010 | Quantum ® 3.3ESD Treadmill
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: