Question about Dell Computers & Internet
Get easy steps to forgot or change DELL PRINTER renewal instal
printer will not print referring me to the trouble shooting and maintenance chapter in the manual which I can't find......I have a Brothers MFC-420cn CAN YOU HELP ME......
Posted on Feb 05, 2008
Via the control panel (This is a Factory Reset)
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
SOURCE: Printer flashes "Clean Unable 46 - refer to troubleshooting and routine maintenance in User's Guide". I went to the user's guide and did all the maintenance/cleaning that was reccommended. Nothing cha
Try resetting the purge counter:
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC240C all fourphoto/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is neededin maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertentlycorrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads:Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if youfail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press theStop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys.Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenancemode to call up the machine’s log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the loginformation list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
you should manually reset your PURGE COUNTER to ZERO so that your printer will work again. Follow these steps:
Unable to Clean error means purge counter is already full. Please refer below for the instructions on troubleshooting your machine.
1. To enter MAINTENANCE Mode: Press MENU, MONO START, 4X on ARROW UP. (within 2 seconds).
2. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 8 then press SET
b. 0 then press SET
3. Using MONO START, just press it until the word "PURGE XXXXX" comes out.
4. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 2 then press SET
b. 7 then press SET
a. 8 then press SET
b. 3 then press SET
This is to reset the purge counter. Then press stop/exit
5. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 0 then press SET
b. 1 then press SET (To reset unit)
a. 9 then press SET
b. 9 then press SET (To exit Maintenance mode)
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2015 | 2009 Hyundai Sonata
May 05, 2013 | Dell 5100cn Laser Printer
Apr 05, 2010 | Dell Inspiron Notebook
Mar 20, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Sep 21, 2009 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 18, 2009 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 13, 2009 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 09, 2009 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!