Question about Kitchen Appliances - Others
Probably fried the magnetron. If the MW has no water to absorb the radiation, the energy will be returned to the magnetron and overheat it.
Sears will service most brands but expect to pay around $300+. If countertop unit usually cheaper to just buy new.
Posted on Jun 03, 2019
Check / replace thermostat
Posted on Jun 03, 2019
est the high voltage capacitor,the rectifier diode.or the magnetron. If all this are fine, test the control board.
Thediodeand capacitors can br tested. The capacitor must bealloweddischargebefore testing, or you risk to get electrocuted, evenifpower is off.Capacitors can get discharged by shorting theirtwocontacts.
Before replacing the magnetron test also the control board.
Replace the magnetron if the checks and all of the high voltage component tests are good, but the unit still does not heat.
All locations, and description of this parts can be located using the diagram here: Counter top.
Parts must be tested to find out what is wrong.
Remember that microwaves are potentially dangerous devices if not repaired properly, the job must be done by a competent person.
A microwave energy leakage test must always be performed when the oven is serviced for any reason.
Regarding parts, contact the seller here to purchase parts.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Generic questions and comments:
Does your microwave have a "popcorn" setting and are you using it? Is there a rotating table in your machine? Is your popcorn bag elevated on top of a bowl or similar? Are you using some other "sensor" setting? Can you use straight time setting and get it to go past the 1 min 45 second mark?
On my microwave, it takes just about that much time and the popcorn is done ... BUT only if I elevate the bag to about the middle of the oven.
Let me know if this works for you.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
I just replaced the radiator and thermostat on my 03. The radiator was defective (corroded) on the lip where the cap seals. This allowed coolant to be spat out. The thermostat was also sticking closed after new radiator and this caused overheating. Replace both while in there for under $100 if doing it yourself.
Posted on Mar 11, 2010
often this is due to grease or food particles stuck somewhere in the
cavity of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.
The waveguide cover (also called a spatter shield) is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the metal of the oven wall is burned or chipped, the area will first have to be sanded smooth and cleaned and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
If the cavity metal of the oven is cracked or split, you can use a small amount of steel-based epoxy such as JB-WELD to patch the crack or hole.
Once that dries thoroughly, you can sand it very smooth, then apply paint.
If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.
It provides critical protection for the magnetron.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on May 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2016 | 1995 Buick Regal
Jan 09, 2014 | Nostalgia Electrics KPM-508 Popcorn Maker
Jun 26, 2013 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
May 20, 2013 | Star 39 JetStar Popcorn Maker
Sep 15, 2011 | Vacuums
Apr 17, 2017 | Benchmark 11065 Popcorn Maker
Sep 11, 2010 | Presto 04820 PopLite Popcorn Maker
Sep 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: