Question about Husqvarna Sewing Machines
I am sorry to inform you that Husqvarna # 1 embroidery unit does not fit onto the Rose machine. The terminals on the Rose is upright, while on the H # 1 it is flat. If you want to do embroidery on the Rose, you will have to purchase the embroidery unit.
Sad but true
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Make sure that the red disk (smaller than a floppy) on the underside of your embroidery unit has been removed. Remove and discard the red disk. It is used for shipping purposes only. Joyce
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
Thanks for the response. The problem turned out to be my fault. I had my Diamond connected to my computer when I tried to install the drivers. As soon as I disconnected it, the drivers all installed and everything is fine.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Dls8864's suggestion was a very good suggestion - make sure the metal stitch plate is pushed all the way to the back. Also make sure that the thread is feeding freely - if it is catching on something it can cause the needle to be pulled aside and make it break. Does the design fit properly inside the hoop you are using? If the foot and/or needle strike against the side of the hoop, that will cause a breakage. Is the bobbin thread okay - not making a bird's nest underneath?
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
SOURCE: my Husqvarna diamond top thread
Primary causes of upper thread breakage:
-- misthreading: pull all the thread off and thread again, using the manual, step by step. Read each step aloud before you do it. (sounds dumb, but helps.) (And make sure you thread the takeup lever!)
-- thread has wrapped itself around a thread guide or spool pin from one of the breaks. Take the spool off the machine before rethreading.
-- bad or damaged needle. Replace with the right size for the fabric, turned correctly (backwards needles skip stitches)
-- dirty machine, especially in the bobbin case area: review cleaning instructions and do it, using brush and vacuum only
-- bad/cheap thread: should not be slubby or break easy. Try another spool.
-- top thread tension too tight. 4 is normal for most fabrics, most stitches.
1) do a light cleaning (brush and vacuum) every day you sit down to sew.
2) replace the needle if you hear it hit metal, if you've got a really bad thread jam, if you see it deflect as you sew (for instance, sewing over the side seam on jeans when hemming). Replace every 3-8 hours of actual stitching time anyhow.
3) buy good quality thread
4) when your machine isn't sewing right, stop; take all the thread off of/out of the machine (bobbin out of bobbin case, spool off spool pin) and give it a quick cleaning. Rethread from scratch, carefully. If that doesn't fix it, do it again, then replace needle and rethread one more time, manual in hand (yah, even if you've threaded it 8 million times before). #4 is curative about 98% of the time. The other 2% often requires professional attention.
Posted on Jul 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 09, 2017 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Apr 08, 2015 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Mar 23, 2013 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Dec 21, 2012 | Husqvarna Designer I
Jul 12, 2009 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Apr 16, 2009 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Jan 10, 2009 | Husqvarna Viking 1
Nov 24, 2008 | Husqvarna Designer I
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!