Question about Amazon Tablets & eReaders
I think you might find this one useful
● Home button (bottom row of keyboard) – Return to Home menu
● Shift Alt R – Reboot the Kindle
● Shift Alt . (period) – Restart just the GUI (graphical user interface)
● Shift Alt G – Grab a screenshot. Screenshots can only be stored on an SD card. A .gif image file will be saved to the SD card.
● Shift SYM – Start a demo. Needs a special demo script on the SD card.
● Shift Alt M – Play Minesweeper
● Alt Z – Rescan your Kindle for pictures
● Alt T – Show the time
● Number Keys – Jump to that page of your Home menu (1 to jump to page 1, 2 for page 2, etc.)
If your Home menu is sorted by book name or author, start typing the name or author and the Kindle will jump to it.
While you’re reading
● Alt B – Set a bookmark or clear a bookmark previously set here
● Alt T – Display the time
● Alt 0 – Enable or disable a slideshow
● Alt 1 – Start the slideshow
● Alt 2 – Stop the slidehow
● Alt Next Page / Previous Page – Go to the next (or previous) annotation, or 5% forward (or backward)
● 411 – Run a diagnostics test and display technical information about your Kindle
● 511 – Run a loopback call test
● 611 – Perform a diagnostic data service call
● J – Show or hide justification options (left or full justification)
● Shift Alt 0 – Set the current picture as your screen saver.
● F – Make the current picture full-screen
● I – Move up
● J – Move left
● K – Move down
● L – Move right
● M – Mark a mine
● R – Restart with a new game
● Space – Open the current cell
● Select wheel – Move the cursor up and down
● Alt Select wheel – Move the cursor left and right
● H – Return to the Home menu
● Alt Backspace – Clear all text typed so far
● Alt H – Move cursor left, without deleting anything
● Alt J – Move cursor right, without deleting anything
● Alt 6 – Type a ? (question mark)
● Alt 7 – Type a , (comma)
● Alt 8 – Type a : (colon)
● Alt 9 – Type a ” (double-quote)
● Alt 0 – Type a ‘ (apostrophe)
● Alt 1 – Go to current location in Google Maps. This attempts to locate you by triangulating your location against nearby cell phone towers. Note that this doesn’t always find the correct location, and displays “NOT AVAIL, NOT AVAIL” as your location (or an incorrect address). You may be able to fix this by pressing Shift Alt R to reboot your Kindle.
● Alt 2 – Find nearby gas stations
● Alt 3 – Find nearby restaurants
● Alt 5 – Find whatever you type in nearby
● Alt D – Highlight the default item (or don’t)
● Alt Z – Draw zone (or not)
● Alt P – Start playing or pause playing
● Alt F – Skip to next song
These last few commands work in the search field. You only have to type enough of the word for it to be unique (for example, @wi is enough for Wikipedia).
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Posted on Dec 28, 2011
SOURCE: i need to reset my amazon kindle
You can enter the password as "resetmykindle" in place of your lost or forgotten password and this will reset your kindle for you.
Doing the above will delete all the content from your Kindle and will also deregister the device so once complete you will need to go to the Kindle Support web site and register the Kindle and transfer any purchases back to the device.
Posted on Dec 30, 2011
Hold the power button to the right for 30 seconds. (Time them- not "One thousand one, one thousand two, ect." because this isn't precise enough.) This will reboot the Kindle and it should work. The reboot may take a while if it has been a long time since your last reboot.
Posted on Jan 03, 2012
Yes, I believe it will. You can also go on amazon and request if it will fit. Just go to your account and then to reviews and request your question there and amazon will help you get the answer.
Posted on Aug 08, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2018 | Tablets & eReaders
Apr 24, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
May 12, 2015 | Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7
Apr 13, 2015 | Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
Aug 20, 2014 | Amazon Kindle Fire HD
Aug 15, 2014 | Amazon Kindle Fire HD
Aug 12, 2014 | Amazon Kindle Fire HD
Dec 12, 2013 | Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
May 18, 2013 | Amazon Kindle Wireless Reading Device
Mar 01, 2013 | Amazon Kindle Fire 8gb, Wi-fi, 7in - Black...
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!