- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am assuming you are reading the battery charge correctly. If so you need a new rechargable battery. Special battery so it is a little expensive. Make sure the person knows it is a "rechargable battery" you want. A regular battery will not work properly or recharge.
If both lights are flashing after you put a cool battery on the charger, the battery is bad. It could have a bad, worn or shorted cell or other problems inside and the charge will not charge it as long as it reads it as a bad battery. Rechargable batteries do have a finite life determined mainly by how many times you recharge them.
just read the charging instructions. Charge for 16-18 hours. If stored for more than 6 months recharge for the full 16 hours. Do not leave the lantern on after the battery has stopped, has overdischarging the battery can cause problems in recharging to a full charge. If this does happen, switch lantern to off and recharge for 40 hours.YES 40 hours. Only the LED is the only light to be used while charging. If you hane the other light on hi or low the battery does not charge.
In my experience, where I live to the North of you, where I work in a camping resort, where our seasonal campers make use of the same devices from the same supply and source), I have found the batteries in these devices are good for NO MORE than two seasons with little exception.
You might have other troubles, like the day-lite sensor is cloudy or being impacted by some other light source or the panels are cloudy and will not charge the battery fully. Read on please.
The way these things work, generally speaking, the solar panel part of your light actually recharges a rechargable battery in the battery pack. These batteries take a beating - fully recharging and fully discharging EVERY DAY. You can probably replace these batteries with new RECHARGABLE batteries to extend the useful life of your lights. Did I mention the lights are always subject to the full heat of your beautiful sunny days as well as the full fury of your dreadful rainy season? BTW, we visit often and love Florida.
I've known this problem to occur if the wrong kind of CR123/CR123A lithium battery is used. They come as rechargeable and dry cell (i.e. non-rechargeable) versions. For sensitive devices like yours the difference is important as the internal resistance of the rechargeables is lower which affects the voltage characteristics.This meter is designed only for the dry cell version: see page 34 of the user manual, although the instructions don't make this fact clear enough IMHO. The reason for using the dry cell version is that the output voltage remains constant until the battery is nearly exhausted, but the rechargeable version starts at a slightly higher than nominally rated voltage and drifts down as the battery discharges. This means that you only get a truly accurate reading with a dry cell battery. There is no user adjustment to recalibrate the meter but you can use a different ISO rating to compensate or use the exposure compensation settings.