Question about Alba Televison & Video
If you don't have a code you can do these steps to get your universal remote working with pretty much any tv:
1.) Turn your TV on. Then on your remote press the set button, it's the small gray button above the green button that says TV.
2.) Press the TV button. There should be a red light to the right of the SET button. This means that your remote is ready for the TV code.
3.) To find the TV code, press the + or - on your remote. This is located above the orange buttons. Once the volume on your TV goes up or down, stop pressing the + or - button.
4.) Then press the SET button again to set that code for your TV.
If the above steps do not work, keep trying. It will work! ;)
Posted on Jan 30, 2008
SOURCE: Remote Codes
i lost the codes of my remote and now it's malfunctioning.. the brand is CHUNGHOP RM-88E..the Brand of my tv is Goldstar.. can you help me with this or can you just give the codes?
Posted on May 19, 2008
Not a problem - here's how to do it:
1) Turn on your TV.
2) On your Total Control Remote, press and release the TV button.
3) Press and *hold* the SET button (the red light will blink once - keep holding it - it will then blink twice - release the button).
4) Enter the four digit code for your TV (the red light will hen blink twice).
5) Press POWER - the TV should turn off. This will mean that the remote has successfully been programmed.
If you don't know the code for your TV, refer to the list of codes in the user manual, available at the following web address:
If your TV brand is not on the list, or if the codes for your brand don't work (which I've only seen happen once), then try the CODE SEARCH feature:
1) Press TV.
2) Press and hold SET (as above)
3) Press 9-9-1.
4) Alternate between pressing the TV and POWER buttons. When your TV turns off, that means the remote has found a code that will operate your TV.
I hope this helps - please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Posted on Dec 11, 2008
Auto code search
1. switch on the TV and select a channel eg. Bbc1 on the TV itself
2. press the appropriate device button eg. TV
3. press the green SET button for approx 5 seconds until the red light comes on.
4. release the green SET button and point the remote at the device to be controlled, the remote will emit a test signal about every 2 seconds.
5. when the TV switches itself off briefly press the green SET button to store the code found.
6. when the red light goes out the search is ended.
7. try out the remote if it works follow the same steps to set it to other devices eg. DVD. If it does not work follow the steps again.
cover other remote sensors on other devices when setting the remote.
Posted on Feb 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: