Question about GE Televison & Video
I just bought a 32" dynex lcd and saw that i couldn't program my two $5 ge remotes to work it. From reading in this forum and others I'm not the only one with the problem, I thought I was stuck with only the dynex remote. But the dynex website tells you how to get universal remotes to work,
It tells you to try the codes for Orion, Emerson, Memorex, Sansui, Sylvania, Zenith. The second orion code worked for me. both my ge remotes look and work the same but one uses a four digit code and the other uses a three digit code. I used 0135 on one and 135 on the other. There is a good chance that if you try the codes for the brands dynex lists you will find one that works. The 0135 or 135 might work for most dynex tv's.
If you have a ge remote and haven't programmed it for volume punch through you might try it. It allows the tv volume to be controlled using the ge remote even when it's set to something other than tv.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
I have a trutech 20" lcd tv/dvd from target and the remote code for the dish network remote that worked for me was from the Daewoo list "505"
Posted on May 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) you wish to program.
2. Press and hold the CODE SEARCH/SETUP button on the remote until the
INDICATOR LIGHT lights, then release.
3. Press and release the button for the device you are programming (TV, VCR,
DVD, etc.). For AUX, press AUX then the device button you are assigning to
AUX. The INDICATOR LIGHT will blink then remain lit.
4. Enter the three or four digit code for your device using the number buttons in the
GE Universal Remote. After your code is entered the INDICATOR LIGHT will
5. Aim the remote at the device (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) and press the POWER
button. Your device should turn off
Usually answered in minutes!