Question about OKI Office Equipment & Supplies
I have an OKI C610 and I have replaced the Magenta drum and toner and it is still saying that I need to add magenta toner. I don't know what is wrong.
Power down the printer for 30 minutes. remove and then insert the magenta toner. power on.
Posted on Jan 08, 2019
SOURCE: Oki C5800 prints magenta streaks
Streaks can be caused by a number of things
The toner cartridge
The printer needs a cleaning.
The slot in the printer.
Try cleaning the printer, use a lint-free cloth for the ETB, DO NOT touch the belt with your fingers, the oil from fingers will often make things worse.
Always use a lint-free cloth, if you ever encounter dirt inside the printer, dampen the cloth.
Calibrate the printer.
From the printer's control panel menu
Configure Device-> Print Quality-> Calibrate now.
(Press the Checkmark key to advance through menus)
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
SOURCE: OKI c5600 drum reset
It usually resets automatically when you replace the drum/toner units. Are you trying to get it to reset before it's supposed to? I don't know of any way you can do that.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
On the top left hand side of the cartridge, usually where the letter representing the colour of the toner (in your case M for Magenta) appears, there is a small removable section, about 15mm by 20 mm in size. Prise this open with your finger nail or small screwdriver. Remove the old chip and insert the new one in here.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
SOURCE: OKI Toner
So what can also be at play here is not only the composition of the toner but how the actual toner is made. To make it very simple, most (quality) color toner made today is chemically grown so make it is consistently uniform in shape, color and size. Ideally when this is done the toner is composed of uniform small spheres. If you have been purchasing cheap c-rap internet toner you have likely been purchasing generic toner that has been ground from a block of material. This makes for uneven and gagged particles. The wax is an easy way out for oki, and may be a contributing factor but the former is most likely what you have. As the owner of a Cartridge World, I can tell you that we do not refill or recommend refilling these cartridges for the same reason that you now have these problems, there is not a high quality, reliable replacement toner being manufactured for these cartridges. If you would like to not have these problems then you need to replace all of your drums and toner with Oki OEM. The fact that they are all now contaminated with c-rap toner means the others are on the way to where your cyan and magenta currently are.
Posted on Feb 12, 2010
SOURCE: OKI image drum issue
1) Power on printer while holding both the + & - buttons simultaneously; release when "Okiuser" is displayed.
2) Press + or - until "Engine Diag" Mode is displayed; press Enter and Diagnostic Mode xx.xx.xx will be displayed
3) Press and hold both Enter & On-line simultaneously until Eng Diag Level3 is displayed
4) Press + or - until Local Parameter Set is displayed; release and press Enter
5) Press + or - until it displays Factory Mode; if it displays Factory Mode Twice with an asterisk next to one then it is in Factory Mode; Press Enter, Press + or - until it displays Factory Mode & Shipping Mode on the display; then press and hold On-line & Cancel simultaneously; when it stops blinking an asterisk should be displayed next to Shipping Mode, which becomes the default mode.
6) Power printer off then on to complete the procedure.
Posted on Mar 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2018 | OKI Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 30, 2011 | OKI C9200 Led Printer
Feb 11, 2010 | OKI C5500n Printer
Jan 13, 2010 | OKI C9500dxn Led Printer
Jun 25, 2009 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Jun 08, 2009 | OKI C5400 Laser Printer
Mar 23, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 13, 2007 | OKI C5100n Laser Printer
297 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: