Question about Amana Washing Machines
Went to try and open my top load washer door to add a load first thing I notice was the lid lock blinking then tried too open it but it would not open
Usually, the door will not unlock because there is water still inside the unit. You will need to get the water out of the tub to get the door to open. On the bottom left corner, there is a small door. Inside the door is a small rubber drain hose. This will empty out the water inside. After awhile, the machine will unlock the door.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Hello there and welcome to fixya
From what you're describing it sounds like the drain pump is blocked. The nd error code indicates "no drain". If the unit can't drain it won't spin. You're going to have to slide the washer out far enough to remove the rear panel; be careful not to damage the floor. Once you get the rear panel off you will see the pump. Be sure to have plenty of towels & a small container to catch water. I am sending you instructions from the service manual to remove and replace the pump. Another possibility is the drain line is blocked or something is stuck in the tub to pump hose.
Posted on Nov 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Dec 13, 2014 | Amana Washing Machines
Feb 07, 2014 | Amana 3.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer
Apr 06, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Feb 25, 2009 | Amana Washing Machines
Oct 19, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Sep 14, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
556 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!