The issue you're describing with your Ricoh Pro 1357EX printer shutting off automatically while printing and displaying the message "please wait" on the monitor, could be caused by several factors. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:
- Check the power source: Make sure that the power source is functioning properly and that there are no issues with the electrical outlet or power cord.
- Check the thermistor: Make sure that the thermistor is functioning properly and that it is not clogged or damaged. The thermistor is responsible for monitoring the temperature of the fuser unit and can cause the printer to shut off if it detects a problem.
- Check the fuser unit: Make sure that the fuser unit is functioning properly and that it is not clogged or damaged.
- Check for jammed paper: Make sure there is no paper jammed inside the printer. If there is, remove it carefully.
- Check the software: Make sure that the software and the driver of the printer are updated and installed correctly.
- Check the hardware: Make sure that the hardware of the printer is working properly.
- Consult the manual: Consult the manual for specific troubleshoot and service information for your Ricoh Pro 1357EX model.
If the above steps did not resolve the problem, it is best to contact Ricoh customer service for further assistance and repair options.