Question about Water Water Heaters
* Water in any part of the electrical is a hazard to equipment and operators.
* Shut down all equipment to this device.
* Shut down all equipment if the area is flooded.
* Call your hot water vendor for service.
* Call your Gas utility if this is a gas heater.
*** Following is for information only.***
* Water leaks are from external pipe connections or direct tank connections (that may be under fiber insulation wrap.)
* Shut down electrical before servicing equipment.
* Check if breaker tripped out (half way position). Note which breaker is tripped then shut down breaker to cut power to heater control.
* Shut off gas supply if this heater is gas heated.
* Isolate this heater if your using back up or secondary heaters.
* check electrical box and dry out (after isolating and repairing leak.)
* Use a fan to help dry out area.
* Check components for water damage. Burns, Electrical damage. Replace components as needed.
* Pull out components to dry them if still damp.
* Note that due to time constraints, you may need to replace complete control unit and use the wet one as a back up once it's dried out.(say a week in a dry room).
* The Gas Service techs are pretty good at trouble shooting gas fired equipment. Follow their recommendations.
* Note; equipment failures of this type is usually an indication that the whole system needs service. Heater systems are usually set in place and runs with minimal maintenance. Management usually forgets about this till something happens (a leak?) then it's time to do a complete system overhaul. Many just replace the heater (usually after 8-10 years for a gas heater. 3-5 years if it's critical to operation)
Posted on Sep 06, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2018 | Water Water Heaters
Dec 14, 2013 | Bosch PowerStar AE125 AE125 Whole House...
Oct 02, 2013 | Stiebel Eltron TEMPRA 24 Tankless Water...
Aug 05, 2013 | Bosch PowerStar AE9.5 Electric Tankless...
Jul 29, 2012 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Jun 14, 2011 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Feb 14, 2011 | Element 2000W 8" WATER HEATER ELEMENT
Feb 11, 2011 | Rheem 40 GAL ELEC TALL Water Heater 6YR SC...
Feb 03, 2011 | Rheem 40 GAL ELEC TALL Water Heater 6YR SC...
Jan 30, 2011 | Bosch PowerStar AE125 AE125 Whole House...
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: