Question about Blenders
Ambiano Nutrient Blender - GS158C - Replacement Rubber Gasket
Someone else suggested a link that explains exactly how to unthread the old coupling... and it works. It took me about 90 seconds to fix my blender. But in case that link is dead, here's a summary:
(1) Note that the coupling (the round part with teeth) is threaded to the blender motor in reverse to a standard threading. So it screws off just like a bottle top, but in a clockwise direction.
(2) place the blender base on a tabletop, facing you. You should probably unplug it.
(3) take a punch or a flathead screwdriver, and place it against one of the coupling teeth that is furtherest away from you.
(4) strike the back of the screwdriver with a small hammer or maillot. The result will spin coupling clockwise. It may take several tries, but the coupling will eventually spin clockwise faster than the motor, and it will begin to unthread.
(5) unscrew the old coupling, and screw the new coupling into place (counterclockwise). Note that the new coupling will tighten itself every time you use your blender, so no need to worry about tightening it too much.
(6) Make a smoothie to celebrate your success!
Posted on Nov 10, 2007
SOURCE: Smoothie Plus 600
Here is the website you can order replacement parts:
Posted on Jun 16, 2008
If any body needs any parts for the villaware 5785 series I have everything available except the plastic smoothee container. I have some gaskets. If you need it I can send it to you and you can just reimburse me for the shipping after I have sent it to you. You can contact me at [email protected] Villaware is no longer selling the smoothee container, I doubt if they are selling other parts for it.
Posted on Oct 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2013 | Hamilton Beach 50200 BlendMaster Work Top...
May 26, 2010 | Margaritaville Frozen Concoction (DM1000)...
Nov 21, 2009 | K-Tec Champ HP3 Work Top Blender
Apr 19, 2009 | Margaritaville Frozen Concoction (DM1000)...
Mar 29, 2009 | George Foreman Blenders
Feb 23, 2009 | Juicelady JL600 Professional Work Top...
Jun 14, 2008 | Back to Basics 600 Smoothie Plus Work Top...
816 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!