Question about Furniture
SOURCE: U-Line 15WC Wine Cooler Problem
I just had the same problem. Also, I was getting a burning smell. The coil on the unit was blanketed with dust and dog hair. First, I cleaned it all out and tried it. It really didn't do much and I still had the burning smell. I then opened the back and recognized that the fan was not working. Turned out to be really dirty. Cleaned it and no it is working fine.
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
Your PTC relay on the compressor is bad needs to be replaced.
First be sure to unplug cooler. Remove the cardboard cover that covers most backs of the units. Remove the plastic cover that is on the side of compressor. It is held on with a metal clip. Now you should be able to see the relay pry the relay straight off. note the wiring and position of relay. Only three prongs on compressor. Go to a parts house for appliance's and with your make and model number should be able to get a new one. Let me know if you need any more help. ken
Posted on May 03, 2009
SOURCE: Magic Chef MCWC8DSCT Wine Cooler
I had the same problem. I fixed the problem by replacing the main cooling fan that is mounted over the electrothermal cooling unit.. Fan can be ordered from RepairClinic.com.
Posted on Sep 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2014 | Furniture
Jul 09, 2012 | Haier HVFM20ABB Wine Cooler
Sep 21, 2011 | Kenmore 13485 Wine Cooler
Jul 11, 2011 | Haier BC112G Wine Cooler
Aug 09, 2010 | Danby DWC283BLS Wine Cooler
Jul 22, 2010 | Kenmore 13485 Wine Cooler
May 03, 2009 | Haier HVFM20ABB Wine Cooler
Sep 23, 2008 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
246 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!