Question about Vulcan Heating & Cooling
something is going down to earth, start by unplugging the motor and retesting, if it doesn't trip them check the motor carbons etc, if it trips then check the heater element for contact down to earth, replace if needed etc, then check the outlet pump the same way if i have helped rate me please ps when working on machine remove from power supply
Posted on Oct 03, 2007
SOURCE: vulcan oil heater
1. Check electricity is on.
2. Check oil is in the tank and valve turned on.
3. Switch the fan off at the bottom left hand corner.
4. Switch oil knob to No.1.
5. Set Air knob to No.3.
6. Operate re set button (right hand corner of heater under settings dial). Either press in until it clicks or if the pull out version pull out until it clicks.
Wait - ignition should take place in a few minutes and flames will appear on the left of the burner under the radiants.
You should get occasional yellow crests above the pure blue flame just visible below the top row of burner holes under the radiants.
After the red warning light goes out you can adjust to higher settings.
The radiants do not glow on low setting.
You can adjust the heater on to higher settings but this should be done gradually - no more than 2 settings at a time.
* The unit must be correctly earthed.
* Do not use anything except heater oil.
* Never attempt to re-light the heater when it is hot.
* If the red light does not appear when the oil knob is switched on, immediately turn the oil knob off. Reasons include: Heater is too hot; Electric plug turned off; failure of ignition system.
Good luck - no responsibility taken for the advice (but it is largely copied from my Vulcan heaters instruction manual which I still have (installed in 1967).
Posted on May 05, 2008
SOURCE: Manual required
This is a link to a vulcan wall furnace manual. I'm not sure from your listing if this is the right one but it may help if programming is similar on these units. If not get back to me by posting more details for me here and I will find the right manual for you. Please do not vote on this until I find you the information you need so you can rate it fixya. Thanks,
If this is what you need let me know when you find out.
Posted on Jul 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens
May 11, 2016 | Vulcan Heating & Cooling
Feb 14, 2015 | Heating & Cooling
Nov 20, 2014 | Maytag Refrigerators
Oct 11, 2012 | Dryers
Oct 11, 2012 | Dryers
Jul 12, 2017 | Irons
Mar 26, 2008 | Heating & Cooling
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: