Cant restore to factory settings tried 0,f1 and f8 none work
When your Toshiba Satellite laptop goes on the fritz, there are several instances where the best solution is to delete everything and start over. If your system frequently crashes or you can't remove a specific virus, you may want to restore the laptop back to original factory settings. While the easiest way to restore the system is to use the operating system restore disc, it is possible to restore the system without it. Each Satellite laptop also includes a hard drive recovery utility that lets you restore the operating system without the restore disc.
1. Take account of any files or programs you still want to use after the Toshiba laptop is restored back to its factory settings. Transfer the files to a backup location, such as a USB flash drive or external hard drive.
2. Restart the Toshiba Satellite laptop's operating system. Wait for the Toshiba logo to appear on the screen.
3. Press the key that brings up the hard drive disk utility menu. Depending on the specific model of your Toshiba Satellite laptop, the key will either be "0," "F1," or "F8."
4. Press "1" or click "Restore Original Factory Image." Click "Yes." Select "Next" to begin the restoration process.
5. Restart the Toshiba laptop computer when the restoration process finishes running. Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to set up the laptop's date, time and language settings.
6. Transfer the backup copies of the data you saved earlier back to the Toshiba's hard drive. Re-install any programs you need, such as your software firewall or anti-virus tool.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for using fixya.com
Aug 16, 2011 |
Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook