SAT NAV - RESET PROCEDURES FOR GARMIN, NAVMAN, TOM TOM
Updated 08/05/2014 05.01 PM
Reset Procedures for Garmin, Navman, Tom Tom
NB: This will erase all way points or favourites and will restore your unit to the default factory settings.
Nuvi® 2xx, 2x5, 5xx, 6xx, or 7xx.
- Start with the unit OFF and unplugged from power.
- Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil.
- Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the unit ON.
- Release the power button when the device powers ON.
- You will see a new message: Do you really want to erase all user data?
- Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displays.
- Touch Yes.
The device will automatically reset. Please follow the on-screen prompts on the n?vi and when completed, place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
Nuvi® 8xx or 5000.
- Turn the device OFF (you will need to remove the battery from a nuvi 8xx).
- Turn the device back ON (you will need to install the battery into the nuvi 8xx).
- When you see a progress bar on the screen of the unit, quickly place your fingertip, or the eraser end of a pencil, in the bottom right corner of the touch screen.
- Hold the bottom right corner of the touch screen until a message says, "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
- Release the touch screen and touch Yes.
- The unit will now restart.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to set up the nuvi.
- To reset your device, hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds and the device will power off.
- Press and hold the power button to turn the device back on.
For other models, please visit this link
, select model and search for 'reset'.
- Soft reset - select your model.
- Reinstall TomTom application.
- Format internal memory or memory card.