Question about Zenith P42W46X 42 in. Plasma EDTV
Turned on one day and No Picture - portion of screen is mostly yellow in color and will move left to right if I push the menu button -- when moved all the way to the right and I push the volume button a couple times the volume will come on and the picture goes to full screen and then is a variety of colors with vertical lines. you can not see any actual pictures at all - just colors and vertical lines. Any ideas ? TV is 3 years old but has been broken like this for 1 1/2 or 2 of those and has been sitting since Jan 06 - figured i would try and get it fixed finally if not too expensive. Thanks
Mine looks like too, but the line running across isn't on my set, picture looks like this, and the sound works fine. I took the tuner board all the way out and turned the set on and it did the same thing, then I unplugged the top wire on the board next to the tuner board and the screen went black. plugged it back in and the screen came back with the scrambled picture. Anyone know why? Bad mainboard maybe? the left of the tuner board?
Posted on Jun 14, 2010
I have the same problem
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
The List & Labels part of the setup lets you edit your channel list and choose or create a
personal six-character label for each channel.
Note: Changing List and Labels can be time consuming. You can change these at a later time by accessing the
1. Press the left or right arrow to scroll through the available channels and choose the
channel you want to edit.
2. Press the down arrow to highlight the In channel list option. Press the left or right arrow
button to add (the box is checked) or remove (the box is unchecked) the channel from the
3. Press the down arrow to highlight the Channel label option. Press the left or right arrow
button to scroll through the available list of 25 most common labels. The last option in
the list allows you to create your own six-character label for the channel (the first letter of
the label is highlighted).
4. Press the 1 or 2 number button to change the first letter of the label.
5. Press the right arrow to highlight the second letter, then press the 1 or 2 number button
to change the second letter, etc...
6. When you are finished creating your label, press OK. For model D34W20, your TV tunes to
the last channel available in your channel list. For models D40W20 and D52W20 only, the
Auto Convergence menu appears next.
Auto Convergence (for models D40W20 and D52W20 only)
Your TV's picture tubes might have been disturbed during delivery or after you moved the TV,
causing the color in your TV to be out of alignment. The colors adjust by starting auto
1. Press OK to begin auto convergence.
2. When the auto convergence is complete, the Red center convergence menu appears. The
cross in the middle of the screen should be yellow. If it is not, use the arrow buttons to
move the red cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK when adjustments are complete.
3. The Blue center convergence menu appears with a cyan cross in the middle of the screen. If
it is not, use the arrow buttons to move the blue cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK
(the TV tunes to the last available channel in the channel list).
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: