Question about Rowenta Vacuums
The belt for this machine is very specific and only one size fits. It is not uncommon for vac shops to sell the wrong belt because the proper belt is not available from normal supply houses, so they will substitute something they think will work.
Also, assuming you do have the right belt, check the tension arm that drops down on the v-belt when the handle is brought back. This arm has a wheel/bearing with a plastic "tire" or trim that rolls on the belt to tighten it. Sometimes, this tire cracks and falls off and then the remaining bearing won't have the necessary tension to tighten up the belt.
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
I had the same problem with my Eureka vacuum cleaner. I don't have the problem with the beater bar, but I had the problem with the attachment hose not getting any suction. I found out that I was putting attachment on the wrong end of the hose. The end that you use in the front. Don't how I got that confused because it always worked before. Hope this helps with the hose part of the problem.
Posted on May 24, 2009
It appears that the end of the brush is getting jammed with hairs, treads, and/or dust or the belt may be worn. Try taking the brush out and hold it by the ends and try to turn it. It should turn quite easily if it is working good. If not try taking the ends off and clean them out. Also, make sure the belt is good.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
SOURCE: My roomba won't go forward;
Hi. You will need to replace the old/damaged IR LEDs in the front bumpers optical. If you are comfortable using a soldering iron, I can supply you the parts needed.
Posted on Nov 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2016 | Dyson DC40 Multi floor Upright Vacuum...
Jan 21, 2016 | Rowenta Vacuums
Oct 06, 2015 | Vacuums
CARPETS OR HARD FLOORS
• The brush bar will always default to 'ON' (spinning) each time you switch the
appliance 'ON' and recline it for cleaning.
• The brush bar will not rotate when the appliance is upright.
• To switch the brush bar 'OFF' (e.g. for delicate rugs and hard floors):
- switch the appliance 'ON'
- recline the appliance
- press the brush bar 'ON/OFF' button - the brush bar will stop spinning.
• The brush bar will automatically stop if it becomes obstructed. See 'Brush bar -
• Before vacuuming your flooring, rugs and carpets, check the manufacturer's
recommended cleaning instructions.
• Some carpets may fuzz if a rotating brush bar is used when vacuuming. If this
happens, we recommend vacuuming in 'hard floor' mode and consulting with
the flooring manufacturer.
• The brush bar on the appliance may damage some carpet types. If you are
unsure, turn 'OFF' the brush bar.
Dec 31, 2014 | Dyson Bagless Upright Vacuum DC41 Animal
Jun 20, 2014 | Hoover Vacuums
Jun 05, 2014 | Dyson DC33 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Nov 17, 2013 | Dyson DC07 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Feb 02, 2013 | Bissell Cleanview Helix Deluxe Bagless...
Apr 30, 2012 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
May 02, 2008 | Dyson DC07 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!