Question about Kenmore Dryers
SOURCE: Kenmore 80 series lid switch
First of all, unplug your washer. You will need to remove the console in order to get to the lid switch. I believe your washer has release tabs under the console at each front corner. Simply slide a putty knife straight in from the front at each corner and push in while lifting up. You should feel the release tabs push in and the console will pop up.
Or, you may have a console that has removable end caps. They can be removed by gently prying up on the top of them from the rear on each side. You may have to use a small screwdriver for this. The caps should pop right off. Once removed, you will need to loosen a screw under each cap.
Once you have the console loosned, carefully lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel of the washer in its resting position. Be careful not to damage the small plastic hinges that hold it in place. Now you will need to perform the following steps:
1. Under the console you will find the lid switch connector. Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. You will need to remove these to remove the machine casing. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver away from you while holding into the groove and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Now pull the case from the frame by lifting from the back first.
You do not have to remove it all the way from the frame. Just enough to gain access to the switch. All there is to the switch is a couple of screws holding it in and a ground wire. It's a pretty easy repair job.
Once you've completed your switch installation, make sure you get the case back on the frame correctly by following these steps:
1. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first, then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle and close the console.
I hope you find this helpful. If you have any questions please let me know by posting comments.
Posted on Nov 02, 2007
It's attached under the top panel but depending on the year of manufacture it could be on the right, below a hole where the strike comes down or on the left rear under the console.
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
SOURCE: Lid Switch for Washing Machine
pop trims from ends of control panel
remove screws from bottom of control panel under trims
slide control panel forward and up from the bottom, and flip over backwards on its hinges
undo brass clips under control panel, NOTE* how the clips are installed
unplug lid switch cable
lift cabinet slide forward and remove cabinet
turn cabinet upside down
lid switch is accessible
assemble in reverse order
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
that is very possible.the best thing to do is replace the lid or sand all the rust off and you some rust inhibitive paint to helpslow or stop the rusting proccess.
Posted on Jan 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2018 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 16, 2017 | Kenmore Washing Machines
May 30, 2016 | LG Washing Machines
Jan 23, 2016 | Washing Machines
Jan 08, 2016 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jul 22, 2014 | Washing Machines
May 14, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Oct 17, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 05, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 05, 2007 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 20, 2021 | Kenmore Dryers
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: