PROGRAM PRIUS GARAGE DOOR HOW DO I PROGRAM THE BUTTONS ON THE PRIUS' REAR VIEW MIRROR TO OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR
There was a minor change for mine to work.. see below..
- you must park your Prius close to the gate opener, leaving it running (obviously not in the way of the gate closing)
- Hold the button the the mirror and then push your garage door remote button and hold until the light on the mirror starts to flasyh fast. THIS programs the button on the mirror, but not the garage opener - yet (this was key for me)
- locate the "learning button" on the opener itself
- press the "learning button" on your gate opener and then get back into the Prius within 30 seconds (more time than it sounds) and press the SAME Homelink button you just programmed above. I don't recall how long I held the pre-programmed button, but the light will flash as I recall.
- Then, when working the garage door, you may need to hold the mirror button for a good second for it to work - but I had tried for months to get mine to work, and finally after reading many posts, the above sequence worked on my 2008 Prius with my Lift Master, Security + rolling codes garage opener.
Just - program the button on the mirror with your remote FIRST.. the garage opener will not work.. then use the Learn button on the garage opener and the SAME BUTTON you just programmed.. and it worked great for me. Not programming the mirror button first will not work. Using only the Learn button will not work. You must program the mirror first with the remote, then use the learn button and the SAME button on the mirror. Hope this helps.
Scott 2008 Prius with Lift Master Security + opener.
Oct 30, 2009 |
2007 Toyota Prius