Question about Rio Audio Players & Recorders
Just recently I went to load sirius and channel was on SAT2. Will not change to SAT3 or what I need SAT1
1) Do you have a Sirius account?
2) Have you called Sirius and given the serial number of that receiver?
Those are the first two things you have to do to get a Sirius receiver working. (The original owner could have changed his account to use his new receiver, if he has one.) Go to http://www.sirius.com/install - the "activate" part - for details.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
The user's manual containing the instructions can be downloaded here
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
My DX445 does the same thing. Here's my method for fixing it, it should work for any similar Clarion receiver:
1. If possible, make sure the radio is turned off when disconnecting the battery. If the radio turns itself on when the vehicle is restarted (for example after jump starting or battery disconnect for a few seconds only), turn the radio off.
2. Disconnect the battery by removing the negative battery cable from the battery. Leave it disconnected.
NOTE: Car batteries can be dangerous things. If you're unsure how to do this safely, get an experiences mechanic to help you.
3. Reset the radio. On my radio this is done by removing the faceplated, and pressing a tiny button for 30 seconds. Your radio may be different.
4. After waiting at least 20 minutes, reconnect the battery.
5. My radio displayes 'System Check -- Press Power'. After pressing the power button, the display reverts to the clock.
6. Turn on the radio. It should work fine on the broadcast bands.
7. Select 'Sirius'. The radio should display 'Updating'. Don't touch anything until the radio finishes its update phase. When it's done, it should tune to Sirius channel 1 and play as normal.
8. This should restore normal tuning. reset your presets and preferences.
What seems to happen is that the radio gets stuck in a 'Category Select' condition, but not all the categories will load, and manual tuning will not allow, say, Radio Classics to play when the radio is stuck in Pop mode.
On occasion (maybe 1 time out of 10), the radio hangs while doing the 'updating' in Sirius mode. If this happens, just shut off the radio and start over. I've never had to do the brute force reset more than twice since I stumbled on this method.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
What you'll actually need in order to get Sirius is a satellite specific receiver (the JBL SIR 2.5 Satellite Receiver). That should come with the antenna you need.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Feb 08, 2013 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 01, 2011 | DISH Network DVR-625 DTV Receiver /...
Nov 01, 2010 | Kenwood DDX-6019 Car DVD Player
Aug 21, 2010 | Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver
Jun 24, 2010 | Sirius Satellite Radio S50-TK1 Satellite...
Aug 20, 2009 | Delphi SKYFi XM Radio Receiver
Aug 20, 2008 | Clarion (NAVSIR) SIRIUS Radio Receiver
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: