I have XP and AOL 9.0 ON A DELL LATITUDE Laptop
My listings in AOL's Favorites keep disappearing on me over time OR
eventually I get everything I ever put in there back in my listings...I mean it goes on forever. WHY IS THIS FEATURE OF AOL OUT OF CONTROL??
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The same thing happened to me. All of a sudden, the email inbox and saved favorite places lists have changed to a crummy small font & the letters "bleed" together. Very difficult to read & there's no way to change it! Grrr!!
<p>Internet Explorer 7 has a gold star to help you remember
your favorite sites. This icon of gold is on the left near the top of your
browser. Just click on a Web page when you see interesting or useful, IE7 and
stores the page title, URL and date of creation in your "favorites"
folder. You can use a collection of favorite sites in time. Print your favorite
IE7 copies of their role file at any time.<br />
<p> <br />
<p>Save favorites<br />
<p>1. Open Internet Explorer and click on "File" to open
the File menu.<br />
<p>2. Click "Import / Export" to the Import / Export
<p>3. Click "Export to a file and click Next. Click
on" Favorites "to select it.<br />
<p>4. Click Next. A list of folders appears. Click on the
"favorites" folder to select it. This folder contains all add to your
<p>5. Click the Browse button to the "favorites"
file. In this window you can select where you want your list of favorites to
<p>6. Look for the "Desktop" icon in the left pane;
click the icon to select it.<br />
<p>7. Click Save and then click Export. Internet Explorer saves
your bookmarks on the desktop in a file called "bookmarks.htm. Click"
Finish ".<br />
Use the Manage Bookmarks (Firefox) or Organize Favorites (IE). A panel opens listing all your favorite bookmarks. Select 1 or a few (use the CTRL key and keep it pressed to select), then press the Delete button. Confirm the deletion. Move on to other favorites.
To add a bookmark/favorite: Open the page you want and press CTRL D. Give the bookmark a name or leave the default one and press OK. later on, when many favorites are added, you can use the procedure above Manage/Organize to open the panel, Create new folders, move bookmarks around. Close when finished.
To import into Google chrome you go to Options, Personal Stuff and click import data from another browser. Also there is no quick way to alphabetize your favorites bar, you can however click and drag the favorites around and manually alphabetize them. To add something to your favorites click the Gold Star (IE, Firefox or Chrome but the star is in a different location for each browser)
If you take the following steps you can delete any addresses from your Favorites that you no longer need.
- From the main menu choose the Tools icon.
- You should see an icon that looks like a file folder with a document sticking out of it that has My Data underneath it. Choose it.
- A menu should then come up with the following choices: Set Home Location, Delete Favorite(s), and Clear Trip Log. Choose Delete Favorite(s).
- You will be given a list of your Favorites, and a Select All choice at the top. You would choose the Select All if you want to wipe out all of your Favorites.
- You can now choose the Favorite items one at a time that you want to delete. Each entry will have an empty box beside it. If you choose the item a green checkmark will show up in the box.
- You can keep scrolling through the list and choose all of the items that you want to delete. Once you have selected all of the items you want to delete you can then press the blue box that has the word DELETE in it. The system will then ask you a final time if you want to Delete Selected Favorite(s)?, and if you choose Yes they will be deleted.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you in resolving your issue.
Should you need further information or assistance please do not hesitate
to let us know.
Are you using Internet Explorer browser?
If you do, >Press and HOLD the "Alt" key and Press the letter "A" key >It will pull up the drop down menu for FAVORITES >Click on "Add to Favorites" >That's it!
>comments suggestions ratings and violent reactions will be greatly appreciated
To remove a Page from your "Favorite Pages" section, you will first need to view the Page you’d like to remove from this section. Then, click on the "Remove from my Page’s Favorites" link found at the bottom of the Page
Internet Explorer favorites are used to save links to sites that you
want to visit again. Creating a list of favorites allows you to visit
those sites with a single click, rather than having to type the site's
URL each time you want to visit it.