Question about GE Microwave Ovens
Keypad functions appear normal and the internal light comes on normally. However, the fans do not come on, turntable doesn't turn, microwave does not function. Possibly a circuit board problem?
Can be part of the power supply or the controller board. Best to take the unit in for service. You would need the spare parts to try, the service manual, and the proper voltever to make the necessary verifications.
Posted on Jan 04, 2018
It think you have to try again and again . one of the more difficult type of electronic repair tasks is troubleshooting . but still there are some general tests one should perform to solve the problem.
Posted on Jan 04, 2018
micro switch is bad .remove top vent cover 4 screws,after removing plastic vent panel you will see 1 screw above display time window,remove this screw and lift up the complete button time control panel slightly and pull towards you to remove.there are 2 connections on this panel 1 is a 12 pin connector and a 2 pin power connection remove both put control panel aside.now there are 3 micro switches where the door pins close into the oven lock,remove 2 screws that hold the micro switch housing,on the bottom of housing you will see a small clip gently pull to the right and push back to remove .there are 2 switches on bottom of it and 1 on top. the 1 on top is normally open and closes when door is shut but like mine it stayed open and resulted in (light s display but no turntable)soon as i replaced upper microswitch it runs perfect.i hope this helps .MODEL MV1501W GOLDSTAR
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
Possible bad heating element, You should remove the cover of the unit and look at the heating element with the power off. Until you get your problem resolved I would recommend not to even turn it on due to the fact that you are unsure what is going on and you smelt some burnt smell. Just for safety until you fine the problem
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
A loud buzz, hum, or groan is usually a
shorted high voltage rectifier diode, but a sound like gurgling into an
empty coffee mug is one symptom of a failed magnetron, and yet the mag can
be bad without that sound.
At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
Accessing some components for testing and possible replacement will require you to remove the oven from the wall.
If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.
Here are some links you or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:
(if it's not shorted, it's probably okay)
(even if the magnetron passes these tests, it can still be bad. If you have high voltage and the diode is good, assume the magnetron is bad)
NOTE: FixYa's Web site is currently not notifying us when replies to our Clarification Requests are posted.
So please reply back directly to me with your brand and full model number from the tag in or on the unit for more help or free do-it-yourself tips or an estimate if required.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
SOURCE: I have a KitchenAid KHMC107EBL
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2014 | GE JVM1790 Convection / Microwave Oven
Mar 15, 2010 | GE JVM1790 Convection / Microwave Oven
Oct 24, 2009 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Jul 05, 2009 | GE JVM1790 Convection / Microwave Oven
May 26, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 21, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 02, 2008 | GE JVM1790SK Convection/Microwave Oven
Nov 09, 2019 | GE Microwave Ovens
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!