Question about Home
Always turn off power to smoke alarm before replacing battery.
Replace battery at least once a year, or immediately when the low
battery signal sounds (a beep once per minute indicates low bat-
tery). Batteries should be replaced regularly as necessary, even
when the smoke alarm is receiving AC power.
Use only the following batteries as replacements in this smoke alarm: Eveready 216, 522, 1222, Duracell MN 1604, or Ultralife U9VL-J [Alkaline batteries 9Volt] DO NOT USE RECHARGEABLE
1. Turn off power to smoke alarm at main service panel.
2. Turn smoke alarm counter-clockwise to detach from mounting plate.
3. Gently pull down smoke alarm. Be careful not to separate wire
4. Pull out power plug from back of smoke alarm.
5. From back of smoke alarm, lift tab to open battery pocket door.
6. Remove battery from pocket. Disconnect and discard bad battery from battery connector.
7. Connect a fresh, 9-volt battery to connector. The battery will fit
only one way. Be sure battery connector is securely attached to
8. Place battery into battery pocket.
9. Close battery pocket door. Push down until it snaps into place.
10. Replace connector plug. Connector will "snap" into place.
Gently tug connector to be sure it is attached properly.
11. Reattach smoke alarm to mounting plate by turning smoke
alarm clockwise until it snaps into plate.
12. Turn on power and test smoke alarm using Push-to-Test button
Posted on Jan 03, 2018
SOURCE: Smoke alarm keeps bleeping
Here are the steps:
Was this always like this? If not, change the batteries, clean it up. Consult the local fire dept. The help for free.
If that does not work, you will need to get it serviced/repaired.
If you own website, add live support almost free
Real security guard to watch your cctv for $1/day
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2017 | Cameras
Nov 04, 2016 | Home
Nov 27, 2015 | Kidde Firex 21007624 Ac Carbon Monoxide...
Aug 27, 2014 | Kidde 4618 Firex Hardwire Ionization Smoke...
Sep 07, 2011 | Kidde 21007581 120v Firex 4618 Pro Basic...
May 01, 2011 | Kidde Firex I4618 Smoke Alarm W/battery...
Mar 08, 2011 | Kidde 4618 Firex Hardwire Ionization Smoke...
Nov 15, 2010 | Kidde 4618 Firex Hardwire Ionization Smoke...
Apr 18, 2010 | First Alert SA302 Dual System Smoke...
1,468 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!