Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

Question about In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave oven door has a burn hole in it and condensation is it safe to use

Posted by Sandra Rogers on

Ad

1 Answer

Gadget Premeaux

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 33 Answers

No. If there is any question as to the integrity of the door, it should not be used.

Posted on Oct 25, 2017

Ad

5 Related Answers

Anonymous

  • 67 Answers

SOURCE: Hole in plastic on inside of door

check the conductivity of the plastic with an ohmmeter by placing the probes an inch apart on the plastic surface. If the resistance is large or infinity, the plastic probably performs no role in stopping the microwave radiation. If so, any epoxy probably can be used to close the hole safely. Make sure you don't use too much and if possible place tape over the repair and orient the microwave so the epoxy presses against the tape while drying to prevent it from oozing into any door hinge/close mechanism. Otherwise, a piece of microwave door glass from a broken unit can ge glued over the hole and should stop the radiation. You can check for leakage with test units but be very carefuly anyway.

Posted on Nov 30, 2007

Ad
MicrowaveSvc

William Miller

  • 9179 Answers

SOURCE: Dacor Microwave

Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.

The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.

It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!

The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.

If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.

The part would be much cheaper if you get the Sharp version (these ovens are made by Sharp) instead of the Dacor branded part.

The model DMT2420 is essentially the same as model R440D / R540D.

The Sharp part number is PCOVPB085MRP0 (zero on the end) and you can order Sharp parts from Tritronics at http://www.wehaveparts.com

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Mar 18, 2008

Anonymous

  • 52 Answers

SOURCE: sparks in oven

the burning is normally caused by a small particle of food getting stuck on the waveguide cover, this then carbonises and starts to arc. replacing cover should return oven to normal

Posted on Feb 23, 2009

Anonymous

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Microwave waveguide spatter shield burned through

THE PART IS CALLED A WAVEGUIDE COVER AVAILBALE FROM REPAIRCLINIC.COM

Posted on Mar 02, 2009

Anonymous

  • 949 Answers

SOURCE: My microwave has a hole burned through the door.

This can start when food splatters on the inner door, then from that point the microwaves that do the cooking are attacking that splatter eventually burning a hole in the door. Do not use the microwave oven in this condition. You will need to have the door parts that are damaged replaced

Posted on May 08, 2010

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
2answers

Burned a tiny hole in the microwave inlet cover of my whirlpool MH1150XMQ0? Is it safe to still use?

Safe but will burn more replace wave guide cover common problem
in all microwaves grease build up on guide cause it to burn
0helpful
1answer

Why do microwaves have little holes on the inside top, left and right? I loosen the panel near the control switches, and I can see through them to inside the microwave, while it is on. Concern?

the holes are to allow condensation and heat to escape during the cooking process
you will notice that the glass door is made up of many small holes so that you can see the cooking process
the holes are of such a size that the length of the microwave is unable to penetrate and so cause radiation outside the oven
tat is what the oven light is outside the oven proper ( behind the holes section) as the micro waves cannot get to the metal fixture
If you are still concerned , talk with a repair shop
0helpful
1answer

Hole burned inside microwave... is this safe to use?

Just get a tube of 2 part epoxy and fill it. Could be a hazard otherwise.
1helpful
1answer

A plastic container with hidden piece of metal caught fire in my Sharp r1490 and burned with a big flame. Several small holes were burned in the ceiling panel. Are we in danger of radiation exposure/ is...

The microwave oven is not safe to use, the fire has compromised the interior of the oven, if you run the microwave it will start to arc and eventually short out the magnetron, because the white enamel paint has been burned away. If you have holes in the ceiling there is danger of radiation leakage, for safety reasons the oven should be replaced.
0helpful
1answer

My microwave has a hole burned through the door.

This can start when food splatters on the inner door, then from that point the microwaves that do the cooking are attacking that splatter eventually burning a hole in the door. Do not use the microwave oven in this condition. You will need to have the door parts that are damaged replaced
0helpful
1answer

Magnetron has 2 small holes in antenna due to previous wave guide being dirty.Is the microwave still safe to use,no sparks or arcing.

Some magnetrons have holes in the antenna by design. If these are clean holes on opposite sides near the RF gasket then they belong there. If the holes are obviously burn damage but don't cause any improper operation, the oven is safe to use.
1helpful
1answer

The mesh screen on the inside door has a hole in it..

would suggest replacing door for safety purposes only," it could be fine as far as resisting waves",but never sure for how long or if it realy is. An old saying makes sense," Better safe than sorry".
18helpful
2answers

Burnt hole in metal plate inside microwave oven

Ok stop useing oven and unplug! THIS CAN BE FIXED!!! Go to a home improvment store and buy a small bottle of white liquid enamal....Clean up the area that is missing and flakeing and then apply the enamel over the hole and let dry overnight! now that the exposed metal is covered back up it is safe to use and will not spark or cause any more soot!
PLEASE rate my response to your question!
THANK YOU!
0helpful
2answers
1helpful
1answer

Hole in plastic on inside of door

check the conductivity of the plastic with an ohmmeter by placing the probes an inch apart on the plastic surface. If the resistance is large or infinity, the plastic probably performs no role in stopping the microwave radiation. If so, any epoxy probably can be used to close the hole safely. Make sure you don't use too much and if possible place tape over the repair and orient the microwave so the epoxy presses against the tape while drying to prevent it from oozing into any door hinge/close mechanism. Otherwise, a piece of microwave door glass from a broken unit can ge glued over the hole and should stop the radiation. You can check for leakage with test units but be very carefuly anyway.
Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

2,477 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top In Microwave Ovens Experts

vince

Level 3 Expert

1524 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6585 Answers

Lawrence Oravetz

Level 3 Expert

10558 Answers

Are you an In Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...