Question about Seiko Mantel Clock
How can I adjust the chime on my Strausberg Manor wall clock to go off exactly at the top of the hour? It goes off about 2 minutes early, is this normal?
It is normal for the average wall clock. Of course, this can be adjusted, but without watch/clockmaking knowledge it is impossible, because first you need to find out which part of the movement is causing early chiming - and there are plenty of them.
Super fine adjustment can be found only in top of the range clocks. Hundreds of hours of craftsmenship are spent to adjust and fine tune them. That's why they cost a fortune.
If you can not live with that early chiming, you have to bring your clock down to the watch/clock repair shop and ask for help. Be ready to pay quite a money, as this job takes the skill and a lot of time.
Rate me, please.
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
The second wheel is for fine tuning on my Strausburg wall clock.
1. Turn larger wheel on back of movement to set minute hand to 12.
2. The hour hand is usually friction attached. Hold minute hand and move hour hand to align with minute hand on 12.
3. Using minute hand , set clock manually to 12:55. Wait and see at what time the chime rings.( Someone complained that their chimes wet off 2 minutes ahead as did mine.)
4. The smaller wheel on back is for timing the chime. Turn counter clockwise about 5 degrees and then manually set clock to 1:55.
5. Counter clockwise will advance chime and clockwise will rewind chimes.
6. Continue adjusting in small increments and turning clock to 55 minutes before the hour until your chime hits 12. I got mine in 4 tries. Good Luck
Posted on Jan 06, 2013
There is no category for clocks, mantel or wall.
Posted on Jan 09, 2019
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2018 | Chime Home
Mar 29, 2017 | Home
Mar 26, 2017 | Chime Home
Feb 24, 2015 | Watches
Nov 07, 2014 | Home
Apr 24, 2010 | Seiko Mantel Clock
Feb 02, 2010 | Watches
May 26, 2009 | Seiko Mantel Clock
Jun 19, 2008 | SkyScan 86709 Atomic Wall Clock
5,841 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: