Question about Home

1 Answer

In my bath the shower and/or tap on/off and temperature control unit is fitted independently on the wall. The plastic plaque covering the plumbing connection has progressively become cracked in three places. I would like to replace it but I find it difficult to find the model number to order the new part. The unit is approximately 4/5 years old and was purchased in London. It has two round knobs placed one above the other which regulate respectively: top- shower or bath outlet; bottom -temperature. The background plaque (silver plastic?) is vaguely oval shaped. Can you help? thank you very much

Posted by laopina on

  • snap101
    snap101 May 11, 2010

    can you post a picture of it?



1 Answer


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 173 Answers

You will probably find, that the unit is 'Obselete'
And replacement parts, are not being produced anymore.
Why not change the broken piece, & do some fancy tiling around it.
I recently tiled around a circular mirror in bathroom, and actually it almost looks like a window.
As long as your 'finishing' is up to scratch.
Good luck with that, & don't forget to rate:)

Posted on Jul 28, 2009


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a bath shower mixer with a shower set. I cannot get water to come out of the bath tap, only for the shower head. The fitting in the middle if the taps will not stay down.

Go right away back for replace if there is warranty in between 8 days, if not then there should often a simple mixer maintenance set for sale for the brand and exact model mix faucet. often from simple plastic if its an older (mostly solid) mixfaucet then only to put it 24 hours in a bucket of vinegar or descaling agent.

Mar 01, 2017 | Home

1 Answer

I've just installed a grohe mixer shower/bath

Did you account for wall thickness?

Dec 17, 2012 | Water Heaters

1 Answer

Hi, We have a old 5-port diverter valve (Grohe 29 605) in our shower in which the outlets are connected thus: Hand held shower port connected to hand held shower Fixed head shower port connected to body...

yep replace the unit the plumbing will be ok for a new unit, with a setup lie that whoever installed it hopefully was smart to put shut off valves behind the wall or you will have to turn off h20o supply and replace and solder caps on the rest easier to change out to new

Mar 04, 2017 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Can't get the plastic anchors in the shower wall. I drilled a 5/16 inch hole in fiberglass but How do you get this plastic threw that hole?

If you are using the cone shaped anchors and you're sure you have the right size hole drilled then just use a small hammer to tap them into place so that small flange on the front rim of the anchor is back tight against the shower wall.When you are tightening screws in be careful to not overtighten or you will cause anchors to slip . Hope this helps. Thank you

Jan 03, 2011 | Sterling Plumbing 1500D-31S VISTA PIVOT...

1 Answer

Shower Stall tap will not turn to full on. How do I take rest of the tap apart. Have the plastic cover off.

Single handle? After the plastic cover ring is off, there is a clip tat pulls up and out. This clip holds the cartridge in place. Once it's removed, you can pull the cartridge out.

Jun 17, 2010 | Crane & Co Crane Plumbing 9980 Estate...

1 Answer

Got a gocta w-26mixer shower bar fitted cold tap

from a plumber all hot and cold connections on all major showers are hot on the left and cold on the right just like the taps on your sink or washbowl

Dec 09, 2009 | Grohe Integrated 1/2'' Shower Thermostatic...

1 Answer

I have a shower unit running from my bath taps the cold water pressure is high so i cannot get the right temp. is there a thermostatic .control valve i can fit to the shower pipe outlet

there is an ajustment on most tub and shower valves, remove handle and there is a plastic peice that stops the handle from turning to the hot side to much. try to adjust. you shouldnt have to shut water off to house, but to be safe you might want to.

Oct 28, 2009 | Home

1 Answer

Low water flow

buught sink taps same problem do they have flexy conectors with them. my problem was as they are american hot @ cold water suply are maines fed so hole in bottom of taps [or in flexy pipes are too small

May 17, 2009 | Danze D302521 Antioch Roman Tub Faucet...

2 Answers

No water coming out of shower in master bath

Depending on the the architect there may be shutoff valves located in a wall with an an access panel covering them as the past owner may not have used the appliance often. Assuming you have owned this unit for some time and it suddenly quit working you may have a defective stem on a single handle unit. Their are also some valves that have shutoff screws located beneath the cover plate which may also be the problem. If you can provide more info such as how long you have had the unit, when it stopped working, and type of valve and model I may be able to assist you better. Lok forward from hearing from you and thanks for using Fix Ya.

Nov 17, 2008 | Sterling Plumbing 1500D-36S "VISTA PIVOT"...

1 Answer

Fitting Electrical Shower -electrician will do final connection at consumer unit

Thought the service was free
Silly me, only found out it wasnot after I had typed the questioin and thought it would then be aired on the forum anyway
Thanks anyway,

Jul 31, 2008 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

86 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

23515 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

18564 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

61177 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides