Question about Manitowoc Kitchen Appliances - Others
Posted by Anonymous on
Ok folks to change the lid switch on these and many top loading Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, etc is quite easy.
Steps to replace the lid switch:
1. Remove unit from AC.
2. Remove the loading door from the unit, or using some duct tape tape it closed.
3. Using a small flat bladed screwdriver find the 2 release catches on the front of the unit between the top cover and front panel. These are just snap claps to hold the top cover down. To release the top you will need to compress the latch using the screwdriver. Start with one side, then the other. Once you have released both clips the lid will lift up just like the hood of your car.
4. You will now be able to remove the lid switch from the unit.
5. Install the new switch and close the hood of the unit.
6. Test the repair by running the unit though a complete cycle.
A great place to order the replacement part for the unit is:
They ship same day on orders placed before 3pm EST. Overnight shipping is available, however I usually opt for the 2-3 day ground shipping and save the money.
If this switch replacement does not take care of the problem, you might need to replace the control board located under the front panel. This replacement is also very easy and takes about 10 min from start to finish.
Hope this helps everyone. Cheers,
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
The problem is probably the foot control. The little wires wrapped around the insulator have broken and are shorting against each other or the cord itself has a short. You can purchase an aftermarket foot control at your local shop, this is the cheapest way to try first, if that does not correct the problem replace the cord.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
Mine does the exact same thing. I think the problem might lie in the cord to the foot pedal. The cord packs into the foot pedal for storage, which forces the cord to to remain bent during storage. I believe the wires in mind became damaged and broken so I took it apart and reconnected the wires at the spot where the connector meets with the wires. But I still don't leave it plugged in if I'm not using it, it could be a fire hazard.
Posted on Mar 24, 2010
manitowoc qy284a ice machine making ice but takes much longer to produce than in weeks past. getting about half the capacity from weeks past?
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2015 | Manitowoc Ice Machine QD-0212A Air Cooled...
Aug 25, 2015 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Sep 17, 2014 | Manitowoc QY-0214A Self Contained Ice...
Sep 06, 2012 | Refrigerators
Nov 17, 2010 | Manitowoc SY0454A S Series Ice Maker...
Jan 05, 2010 | Manitowoc Koolaire Undercounter Freezer...
Aug 05, 2009 | Manitowoc MAN-CVD2075 Condenser Unit...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: