Question about Stihl Saws
I found a parts diagram for a Stihl TS400 CutQuick concrete saw here: http://www.sawagain.com/stihl-concrete-saws-1/ . The direct link to the parts diagram is http://www.hellumdiamant.com/filarkiv/File/Sthil/ts400.pdf . I found some of the parts shown in the user manual as well. The manual is available here: https://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/instructionmanuals/TS400_Manual.pdf . See page 44 for that parts diagram.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 18, 2017
The Stihl website has the manuals available for free. You can copy the link I've provided for you and download or print out a copy for your use.
I recommend creating a computer file folder to put all the electronic copies of user manuals, etc. in, to make it easier to find, should you need another copy in the future. I've done this with all my home appliances, tools, and lawn equipment. It comes in handy as these items get old since the manuals might not always be available online in the future.
If you need further assistance with getting replacement/repair parts for your Stihl cut off saw, just fill out their customer service form and they'll be back in touch pretty quickly!
Hope you find this information Very Helpful and best regards!
Posted on Oct 22, 2009
1) remove the recoil housing
**NOTE: normally you DO NOT need to remove the rotor pulley or spring to replace the rope. This is the area that causes so many guys a lot of extra trouble
2) locate the string that is left and the hole it is threaded thru
3) determine how much string has broken off of the rope that came out
Note: if more than 1 inch is left, then the rope needs to be replaced
4) after rope is obtained, make sure both ends are melted to a point for easier threading thru handle and rope rotor
5) install the rope (with the handle installed on one end) thru the recoil housing and towards the rope rotor.
6) with the rotor free of tension, route the rope from the groove toward center and up thru the hole. Tie a knot in the end of the rope, leaving a 3/8" tail free.
7) wind the rotor in the direction of what the rope would pull (this will tighten the spring) until the spring is completely wound. remove 1/2 to 1 revolution, and then allow rope to wind onto the rotor until all rope is wound.
8) Pull the rope several times to position rope properly into rotor.
*note : there should be NO droop in the handle after released
If droop is evident, wind the rotor and rope 1 revolution tighter so there is no droop of handle when released
9) when unit is functioning proplerly, re-install housing onto unit
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/rolandw_c013176d62ee17ae
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
Stihl guards their service manuals making them only available to dealers who service Stihl.the kill switch is not making contact. a t25 torx should get you to the point where you can determine if my theory is correct.
Posted on Feb 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | Stihl TS420
Jul 13, 2012 | Stihl Ts400 Top Cover Trigger
Jul 14, 2011 | Stihl Concrete Cutoff Chop Saw Clutch...
Jan 12, 2011 | Stihl Concrete Cutoff Chop Saw Clutch...
Aug 31, 2010 | Stihl Ts400 Cut Off Saw Carb Carburetor...
Jun 07, 2010 | Stihl Ts400 Cut Off Saw Carb Carburetor...
Mar 24, 2010 | Oregon Scientific Complete Carburetor for...
May 08, 2018 | Stihl Saws
1,216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: