Question about Jacuzzi Home
this should be simple ...
1.shut off the power
2.disconnect wires to heating element
3. turn power back on and see if it works if so replace heating element 45-95 dollars
if it still trips unplug all the cables from the pumps blower ozonators and see if it runs now,,,, if so plug each cable back (one at a time) until it trips again.if it trips that the problem pump etc.
99 percent of the the time its not the gfi its a device that is wet or shorted out ..Try everything else before replacing the gfi
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
SOURCE: What's youI just wired in my J-300 Jacuzzi hot tub. The GFI trips every time I reset it. I took the GFI out of the equation and the tub runs fine, does not trip the breaker at the main breaker box
#1. DO NOT GET INTO TUB FULL OF WATER WITH A GROUND FAULT.
2. There is a short. You need to get multimeter and start checking each part for current running to ground wire.
3) Power is ON. Connect power without GFCI.
4) Tape tester leads to wood sticks to keep hands away from power.
5) Do not touch anything directly or you will become the ground rod.
6) Ground wire must be present, and bonded back to main panel box.
7) Do not sit or touch directly on cement or bare ground. Do not touch or lean into anything made of metal.
8) Body and parts must be on sheet of plywood, or similar non-conductive dry surface.
9) Test each part with spa, but also test electric line coming from main box.
10) GFCI will also trip with any fault detected on line. So the wire coming to spa may have the fault.
11) Add a new dedicated line from main box to spa.
If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gene_9f0ef4df2f9897e7
Posted on Oct 02, 2012
SOURCE: hot gfi keeps tripping
You didn't specify how your pool is set up, but the GFI tripping means you have too much power, too many devices plugged into it. I think you need an electrician, just to be safe.
Posted on Apr 27, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2017 | Hot Tub Works Pool & Spa
Apr 06, 2016 | Jacuzzi Water Heaters
Apr 24, 2015 | Pool & Spa
Oct 02, 2012 | Electrical Supplies
Sep 04, 2011 | Pool & Spa
Dec 31, 2010 | Balboa Instruments BALBOA 30kW HEATER ASSY...
Mar 24, 2009 | Spa Parts Plus GFCI, Circuit Breaker, 30...
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!