Every time i try to turn my player on it goes through the whole stage it used to, when it worked. Straight after it finishes refreshing the database it just goes to a blue, green or white screen with squiggles and lines on it. It dosnt show up on the computer either. I have tried taking the battery out, recovery mode and the sansa recovery tool. does anyone know what i can do to make this work or do i have to take this back. (which i cant because i lost the receipt) thanks
This worked for my Wifes Sansa e250r.
1. Put you're Sansa in Recovery mode:
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds) - Slide the hold switch into "hold" position. - Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new hardware found" on your computer. A drive/folder should show up that has a file in it called "VERSION.txt"
2. Create a empty file with notepad and name it "sansa.fmt"
2. Copy this file to the folder or drive that has that "VERSION.txt" in it.
4. Turn off Sansa, you should see a message that it's formatting.
5. Move the hold switch back to its original position.
6. Turn on Sansa
Should be fixed now, please aware that your music will be erased, but your SD card will be untouched.
You need to put the device into "recovery mode" before you run the tool.
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds) - Slide the hold switch into "hold" position. - Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new hardware found" on your computer.
Then run the recovery tool. Select format when prompted.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do a Firmware upgrade first - http://www.sandisk.com/sansa/#/support-0/ Enter Sansa e200 series
If this does not work, try the other methods I suggest in my Sansa player "Tips and Tricks" - click on My Profile if you do not see the article in the solutions section (no offense to Fixya, but your website is not yet user-friendly - needs some work).
Turn it to recovery mode by putting it on hold, while off, and holding
the record button along with power until it go's into a screen with a
black background and white text. Then update it with the updater.
Or try formating it while it's in MSC USB mode which you can change in the settings on the player. Just connect it while in the MSC mode and, while in "my computer", click the "SANSA e250" drive icon and click format. But when you format it, do not click "Quick Format" or change any settings. JUST click start.
I hope it works for you. If you have any more problems or it doesn't work, i will be more than happy to help you. Just write a response back and i will get to it as soon as possible. Thank you and have a good day.
Hey to get music onto the Sansa e250R you have to plug the Sansa into the computer. Next go to mycomputer. Then onen ethier sansa or Removable Disk(F:). Then take the songs you want and drag them on to the white space under photos and vidos and all that other files. DO NOT PUT IT IN A FILE.