Question about Samsung UN60EH6003 60" 1080p LED HDTV, 1920x1080, Clear Motion Rate 240, 20W Stereo Speakers
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
You need to do some more diagnosing of the problem. If you get sound and change channels take a bright flashlight and place it again the screen. Look for an image around the edge of the flashlight.
If you see an image that means the LCD controller board (TCON) is probably good.
The problem is probably one of three causes;
1) Inverter board is bad
2) CCFT (cold cathode fluorescent light) are bad.
3) Power to the inverter board is bad. You can also check the connectors.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
You cannot test the T-Con bd with a meter. However if you have the luxury of having another same model tv, you can install the bought T-Con bd and see if it is good or bad. Since you said the Menu and channel flashses, then I would replace the Main board.
Posted on Apr 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2018 | Samsung Televison & Video
Feb 08, 2018 | LG Televison & Video
Oct 25, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 04, 2017 | Samsung UN46EH6000FXZA 46 1080p 240Hz LED...
Jan 03, 2017 | Vizio 60" E601I-A3 Full HD LED-LCD TV
Aug 06, 2016 | Samsung 40 Inch UA40F6400 Full HD 3D Smart...
Sep 07, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 13, 2017 | Televison & Video
Oct 05, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 02, 2014 | Samsung UN60EH6003 60" 1080p LED HDTV,...
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: