Question about Aiwa Car Audio & Video
Posted by Nick Calderwood on
SOURCE: Aiwa CDC-X304
You can download the manual from the link below: http://www.us.aiwa.com/default.asp?page=ownerManual&action=browse&model=418
Posted on Aug 06, 2007
SOURCE: aiwa fm/am compact disc player cdc-x304 face plate
Buy a new radio, you'll never find just the faceplate... trust me on this one it's not worth the headache.
Posted on Mar 31, 2008
SOURCE: I need a mauual for car stereo radio cdc-x227
Are you asking for Instruction Manual or Service Manual, please mention it.
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
SOURCE: Display issues with Aiwa CDC X207
I had the same problem. There are two small light bulbs that illuminate the digital display, and they are burned out.
You can easily replace them. The Aiwa part number for them is 8Z-KT1-641-010. The bulb is made by Sony, and the Sony part number is U0087654U.
I purchased them from Union Electronic Distributors:
Note that the product is not an item they keep in stock, so it may take 1-2 weeks or more before you receive them. Be patient.
Here are the steps to replace the bulbs. You will need a small (#1) Phillips screwdriver and a soldering iron (low heat). A very small flat blade screwdriver (1/8") will also be helpful.
1) Remove the faceplate from the radio and bring it to a well-lit work table.
2) Remove the four Phillips screws on the back on the faceplate.
3) Carefully separate the back half of the faceplate cover from the front half. There are three locking tabs along the top, and three locking tabs along the bottom. I used the small flat blade screwdriver to separate the two halves.
4) Once the back half of the faceplate has been removed, re-install two of the Phillips screws to hold the circuit board in place (one screw on each end). You don't need to screw them down tightly; just screw them in until you begin to feel them stop. These screws will keep the circuit board from separating from the front faceplate and causing the buttons to fall out!
5) Locate the two bulbs. They are labeled PL 901 and PL 902 (may also be labeled PL 1 and PL 2). Carefully unsolder the bulbs and remove them from the circuit board. You may want to do one at a time.
6) Each bulb has a colored cover to change the color of the light (I jokingly refer to them as 'bulb condoms'). Remove the covers and carefully slide them in place on the new bulbs. You may want to slightly dampen the bulbs to aid in sliding the covers on. Be sure to slide them all the way down.
7) Solder the new bulbs in place. They are not polarity sensitive.
8) Trim off the excess wires.
9) If you installed the two screws in Step 4, remove them.
10) Carefully re-attach the rear faceplate cover to the front faceplate cover, making sure that all six locking tabs snap in place.
11) Put the four Phillips screws in the rear faceplate and carefully tighten them.
That's it! Now, put the faceplate back on the radio, turn it on, and enjoy your lighted display!
Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
SOURCE: get a E03 error on display when playing CDs
Hi Sam, I had also similar problem with this type of AIWA.I solved it with specialist for electronic things and now it´s OK.
He sad that problem was on board.There can be defect in some contact and that´s why he had check a lot of lines with micro soldering machine.If he is skilful he will repair it.For 25 Euro I paid for service.
If you want more info you can write to [email protected]
Have a nice day,LM
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: