Question about Refrigerators

1 Answer

2014 mustang convertible.I hear water sloshing in the rear quarter panel drivers side.I called dealer they say it suppose to do this.Really.!It hasn't rain in a while and there is a water drip puddle

I know the water has to drain because of the convertible top but how can I clear out drain holes so it can run out and not sit in the well for days.

Posted by kim bouy on


1 Answer


  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Refrigerators Master
  • 85,239 Answers

There is a drain in the bottom of the panel it may be clogged.

Posted on Mar 01, 2017

  • 1 more comment 
  • kim bouy
    kim bouy Mar 02, 2017

    I put the top down and using a flashlight I could see the water. I put back window up and used a straighten hanger to move debris around and water started flowing out under car. Now that the water is out I will let it dry and then use a stiff hose taped to my shop vac to vacuum out dirt and leaves.

  • Ji Han
    Ji Han Jun 19, 2018

    Thanks for the tip. The clothes hanger and shop vac worked great.

  • Baneri Bautista
    Baneri Bautista Jun 28, 2020

    Can you guys help I am having the same problem



Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Every winter I start hearing water sloshing somewhere near the left back tire. It stops during the summer then as soon as our Oregon rainy season starts the sloshing starts again. Any ideas?

water in the rear left fender panels of the car
should be a grommet plug under the car
on that side to drain the water out
might be a bit rusty there now

if a sedan a leaky boot seal


Oct 27, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I. Have. A. 2008. Mustang. Convertible. And. Is. Sloshing. Around. In. The. Quarter. Panel

f the wsloshing is gas olinte, uyou will need to find out whoy there is gas going into the waq
I would take an electric drill or a hammer and a punch and make a hole half as big around as your little finger in the LOWEST part of the quarter panel to drain the water out.

Apr 20, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

When it rains my sebring convertible has water sloshing in the rear somewhere. is there a drain that empties this problem if so where is it exactly could you please tell me exactly were the drain holes are...

yes there are holes. the holes are on both sides of the back window. climb in back seat and look under the back window on the side rear quarter panel inside you will one on each side

Nov 04, 2012 | 1998 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

I have a convertible 06 mustang and I get water in the quarter panel an it sloshes around, how do I drain?

try drilling a small hole in the inside bottom of quarter panel and it should drain out

Mar 28, 2011 | Ford Mustang Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do you install 1965 mustang quarter panel

Remove rear seat and interior side panels. You'll see nuts on the posts for the trim pieces.

Oct 13, 2009 | 1965 Ford Mustang

3 Answers

When it rains water in in the rear sloshing

The 1997 Sebring convertible has rocker panels (the metal that goes from front to back wheel well and directly under the doors) that have five drain channels each.  The sloshing noise occurs when the drain holes plug up and a rocker panel fills up with water.  Often, the water will then leak into the right rear footwell, soaking the carpet.  A quick fix is to locate the drain holes and run a flat (unused) twistem-tie (they come with your trash bags) through each hole several times.  Commonly, doing so will result in a deluge of water, along with spider web parts, leaf parts, and whatever else washed into the rocker panel fromo the rear window.

To find the drain holes, just 1) lie under the car with a flashlight, or 2) sit alongside the car with one of those mirrors that come on a telescoping stick.  Since I don't like to lie in dirty water, I use the mirror to guide my twistem-tie (or ice pick or spring wire or whatever) into each hole.  NOTE:  the drain holes are flat and run at a 30 degree angle from back to front on the right side and from front to back on the left side.

May 17, 2009 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring

2 Answers

Water sloshing noise in the back of my 2000 Jimmy, any ideas?

Found it!!!
I was having the same problem. After a long rain I was getting the same sloshing sound from the back of my Jimmy.
I looked into it for hours, then discovered the reed plugs (that is a term I am making up, I don't know what they are called) on the back of the car, up under the bumper, on either side. These are supposed to let water out that gets in there from either side of the rear door, but mine were plugged up with dirt and debris. As soon as I pulled them about a quart of water came out on either side. Now the sound is gone.
You can find the plugs on the underside of the car, at the extreme sides, almost all the way at the back, up under the bumper. They are about the diameter of a quarter and look like rubber reeds that go from a round base into a flat sort of flappy valve. Just be careful when you pull them, because a bunch of nasty water is about to pour out.

May 02, 2009 | 2000 GMC Jimmy

2 Answers

Water on rear floorboards

the water runs off the top into the rear quarter fender to a drain hole, one on each side, check the hole in bottom probably plugged clean it out, the hole should be in the bottom of the rear quarter fender in front of the rear tire

Mar 25, 2009 | 1998 Chrysler Sebring

2 Answers

When it rains water in in the rear sloshing

Many cars do have drain holes that are along the rain wells, or where the rain flows down around the lip of the trunk. If you pop open the trunk, look along the lip of the trunk for what appears to be craters or indentations along this trail. You may have to run your finger along the rim to find them. Many times they fill with dirt, or other debris and get plugged. This happened to me and I had someone blow them clear with an air hose.

Mar 04, 2009 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring

Not finding what you are looking for?
Refrigerators Logo

Related Topics:

1,572 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Refrigerators Experts

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4656 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

18360 Answers

Are you a Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides