My girlfriend and sister were playing Guitar Hero and my girlfriend tripped over the chord and it yanked the ps2, or so they say. I come home and the TV is displaying muted colors that look almost neon. This is only happening on the component input, the hdmi, vga, and composites are fine.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
okay, try this:
1. Start up PS2 with no disc
2. select 'Browser', press triangle.
3. select 'Console', press triangle.
4. select 'Diagnostics', press X, select 'ON'.
5. press 'O' to back out of this menu.
6. select 'Playstation Drive', press triangle.
7. select 'Disc Speed', press X, select 'FAST'.
8. press 'O' to back out of menu.
9. turn off PS2.
10. insert disc.
The Diagnostics should run and automatically
adjust your PS2 to play the game.
I got this "FIX" from someone who had the same problem. Hope this helps :D
We had the same problem with Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2. We have an older fat PS2 that would play all of our other games but this one. I tried changing the settings to fast/smooth, changed the diagnostics, still didn't work. Finally, I took The PS2 apart, blew out the dust,cleaned the laser lens with a qtip and rubbing alcohol, dried it gently with a dry q-tip, and the game works!!