Trouble assigning a phone number to speed dial on Tracfone Nokia 1100
Selecting the phone memory site (#2) shows empty. When we select "assign number to call" or to "SMS" we get "selected memory empty". Other numbers are assigned and function normally. How do we add the new number?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yup, you can set a maximum of 8-speed dial entries.
1. From the main menu, select Settings > Phone settings > Keypad > Numeric keys.
2. Highlight the key with which you wish to assign the speed-dialing number (from 2 to 9), pressEdit > Contacts.
3. Scroll to choose a contact you want to assign from Contacts and press OK.
To Set speed dial numbers do the following:
1. In Menu mode, select Phonebook.
2. Select a contact to assign.
3. Select More -> Add to speed dial.
4. Select a number (if necessary).
5. Select a speed dial number you want to set.
The contact is saved to the speed dial number.
• You can call this contact by touching and
holding the assigned speed dial number in
the dialling screen.
• The first 3 speed dial numbers will be
assigned to the top 3 list on the widget toolbar.
To enter or edit a speed dial number on the Uniden D1788, go to PHONE BOOK (the book icon), when SELECT appears use the up/down arrows to select the previously entered phone book name, press MENU/SELECT (EDIT appears), press MENU/SELECT (EDIT NAME appears), press MENU/SELECT (EDIT NUMBER appears), press MENU/SELECT (SPEED DIAL - XXXXX) appears. Now, to assign a speed dail number, use the up/down arrows to select the desired speed dial number (Expl: SPD2) and then press MENU/SELECT to save it. The selections are SPD0 to SPD9 and also NO SELECTION to remove an existing speed dial number. You can also assign a speed dial number that's already used to a different phone book name. It will remove it from the old name and reassign it to the new name. Use the above procedure to assign a speed dial number to a new phone book entry when SPEED DIAL appears.
To assign a number to a speed dialing key, select Menu > Address Book > Speed dial list, and scroll to the speed-dialing number that you want. Select Assign or, if a number has already been assigned to the key, select Options > Change. Select Find and the contact you want to assign. If the Speed dialing function is off, the phone asks whether you want to activate it
FOR MAKING CALL
Assign a phone number to one of the speed dialing keys, 2 to 9. Call the number in either of the following ways: • Press a speed dialing key, then the call key. • If Speed dialing is set to On, press and hold a speed-dialing key until the cal
Press Menu, select Contacts and Speed dials. Select the key you want,
( to ) and press Assign. Select whether you want to assign to call or to
SMS. Select the name you want and press Select.
After the phone number has been assigned to a number key, you can speed dial
the number in the following ways:
• Press the corresponding number key and then press Call, or
• If Speed dialling is set to "on", press and hold the corresponding number key
until the call is started
How do I set speed dial for one of my contacts?
First, find the contact in your Contact List, highlight it, and press OK. Then select Options -> Speed Dialing and press OK.
Choose one of the numbers from the list and select Assign
to assign it to your contact. You can now use 1-Touch Dialing for that
phone number. Just press and hold that assigned one or two digit number
instead of dialing the contact's entire phone number.