Question about American Standard Plumbing

1 Answer

The gooseneck on an American Standard 4005caf has too much play in it. How do I fix it?

Posted by Bob Leuty on

  • Bob Leuty
    Bob Leuty Nov 13, 2016

    How do I tighten up the slack it?

  • magna buff Nov 13, 2016

    rag around the chrome so it wont scratch or gouge
    muti grips stilsons large shifter

    water to house turn off
    start form underneath the basin
    undo the connection water connections
    take the faucet off the sink

    tighten what you can


    if it cant be tightened buy a replacement



1 Answer

magna buff

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,828 Answers

Common porblem

looks like a long thread at its base ..
might be able to tighten up the slack

the gooseneck on an American Standard 4005caf has  - 26353970-blybzp5fcnz11ohm3j2nqlqo-2-0.gif
American Standard 4005SSF Fairbury Kitchen Faucet Parts

Posted on Nov 13, 2016


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

When dishwasher is running, water leaks under base of our American Standard Colony model soft two-handle kitchen faucet into cabinet beneath sink

Is there an air gap next to the faucet that is leaking. If so, it is probably clogged. Pull the cap off of it and clean it out. This is what it may look like before you take the cap off.

Jan 16, 2011 | American Standard 4275.550.002 ColonySoft...

1 Answer

When I tgurn on the hot water on our American Standard Gooseneck Cadet with sprayer it sclunks and then shuts off. Is this diverter problem or do i need a new cartridge?

Without seeing it I have to go by your descrption and my first guess would be the diverter. I would replace it and see if that does the trick.

May 19, 2010 | American Standard 4275.550.002 ColonySoft...

1 Answer

American Standard Colony Soft gooseneck kitchen faucet leaks base

at the spout near the base is an echeion ring. turn this counterclock wise then pull up ring to expose the neck,pull spout straight up.this echeion cap holds on the spout to the base there are plastic parts inside so be careful when pulling apart.

Jul 13, 2009 | American Standard 4275.550.002 ColonySoft...

1 Answer

How to replace sprout seal kit in american standard faucet ?

just pull straight up,wiggle back and forth,the o-rings are holding it on .

Jun 05, 2009 | American Standard 4275.550.002 ColonySoft...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

506 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Plumbing Experts

Bill Johnson

Level 2 Expert

306 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

23504 Answers

Fahr Quad

Level 3 Expert

774 Answers

Are you an American Standard Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides