Question about Philips 50PFP5332D 50 in. Plasma Television
It sounds like the entire screen goes blank with your problem. My problem is the lower half of the screen goes blank. Do you think the SSB is also the problem? What are your thoughts about the "Video Board" or the X Board?
Do you know where to purchase parts?
Posted on May 28, 2008
May be the same problem Magnavox is having with their 27MF231d. I found the fix on this site and it took care of the same problem with my set. Not the easiest thing to do, but it worked. If you do not know how to solder, get some help with this one. If you take it to a Magnavox Authorized repair location, they will just replace the bad capacitor with another bad capacitor of the same type and voltage. The problem is they have a 25w capacitor where a 35w capacitor should be. Mine was bulging, with black tar looking stuff coming out of it. It was obviously bad. Follw the instructions below.
1. Remove all screws around perimeter, one screw at the lower right at (Side A/V), and 2 1”round plastic knob s.
2. Remove back cover
3. At lower left side remove 2 screws for On/Off switch cut tie wrap that holds wire down for free movement.
4. Disconnect wire connector to side A/V at lower right side
5. Disconnect wire connector to right side circuit Board
6. Disconnect wire connector to left side circuit board
7. Remove the 2 mounting brackets upper left and upper right 2 screws each.
8. Remove 3 screws each side of the metal box in the middle
9. Fold back metal tape off bottom and top of metal box
10. 1 wire connector at top of box I left connected
11. Flip metal box over towards top of Tv. Be careful of wire at top thats still connected.
12. On left side in box is power supply board
13. Towards bottom of board you should see the numbers C2081 and C2074
14. Remove the six screws holding down power supply board
15. Flip board down towards bottom of Tv.
16. Unsolder capacitors replace with new 1200uf 35v and 2200uf 35v 105°C radial capacitors
17. Capacitors should be around 1/2” to 5/8” dia. X 1.25 long appox. 2 Wires come out of one end should be .030 dia.
18. Reassemble in reverse order and enjoy
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
you have a problem on one of the boards in this unit you would have to start isolating the source to pit it down
its probably best you get some help form a servicer in your area this is a philips inside and made by samsung
Posted on Oct 24, 2009
SOURCE: My Philips flat screen tv
It could be a power supply problem. In this model at least 2 capacitors, go bad in the power supply I think they're 1000uf/10V. If you look at the power supply board you will notice a bad cap with a blister on the top. The whole power board is from $100 - $200. I fixed a lot of these sometime the Y or sustain board goes bad. Visual inspection then measuring voltages..
Best of luck
Posted on Nov 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2011 | Philips 50PFP5332D 50 in. Plasma...
Sep 12, 2011 | Philips 50PFP5332D 50 in. Plasma...
Oct 20, 2010 | Philips 50PFP5332D 50 in. Plasma...
Jul 07, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC37D44U 37 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 02, 2008 | Panasonic TH-37PX60U 37 in. Plasma HDTV
Jan 02, 2014 | Philips 50PFP5332D 50 in. Plasma...
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: